[MSN Money]Watch list entries disappear? Have to keep re-entering them!!! RRS feed

• Question

• For a very long time now (years?) I have been using Microsoft Money WATCH LIST to keep track of my Mutual funds.

Most often when I get  into MONEY and select WATCH LIST.  All my entries are gone and have to be re-entered.

How can I stop it from doing this?  Also, how can I remove a intem once added to the list.  Please help.

Gordon Ripley

Saturday, June 10, 2017 1:15 PM

All replies

• What program are you talking about? Are you talking about  MSN Money or Microsoft Money? If Microsoft Money, what version?

Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:57 PM
  • it's Microsoft MONEY.  One of the tabs at the top of the window is WATCHLIST.

You select and get a PLUS sign to add mutual funds to t=your list.  It then gets current share price and

adds it to your list.  When I go in a few days later very often the entries are all gone and I have to

re enter them.

Gordon

Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:14 AM
  • MONEY Version 4.21.1434.0

Gordon

Sunday, June 11, 2017 1:09 PM
  • I assume that you are seeing a series of news tiles underneath your watchlist window with the title "Watchlist News" - news from the web.

Microsoft Money never had a version 4.23.1434.0. You are using a browser and are viewing the MSN Money web site, which we can not help you with. We only can help with the installed program Microsoft Money which does not use a browser. The Money program has no tab for Watchlist, but does have Menu options for Accounts, Bills, Portfolio, etc.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Sunday, June 11, 2017 1:19 PM
  • Do you sign into your browser with your Microsoft account each time? Do you clean out your cookies frequently? If you delete the cookie, that is probably deleting your watchlist entries. If you sign in with a Microsoft account (Hotmail.com or outlook.com email address) it should be saved and available on the next viewing.

Bob - MSN Mobile

• Edited by BobSmiley Sunday, June 11, 2017 2:38 PM
    Sunday, June 11, 2017 2:37 PM
  • On Windows 10 there is a keyboard button with the Microsoft flag on it.  When that is pressed it comes up with a large window that has all 

the Microsoft programs on it.  Under "Play and Explore" there is a square box that says "MONEY".  Selecting that brings up a window that 

has the word MONEY at the top left.  At the left side of this screen there are a number of icons.  The bottom most icon is a knurled circular

icon.   Selecting that gives you another widow that is labelled "SETTINGS".  At the top of that window is the word "ABOUT"

Clicking on "ABOUT"  brings up the word MONEY and below it "Microsoft Corporation  Version 4.21.1434.0

This all tells me that I am in Microsoft Money.  

As far as browsers are concerned I use Google Chrome and I also have Microsoft edge which I do no use.  If I select the Microsoft flag at the

lower left hand side of my windows 10 screen, I get a listing of all the applications installed on my system 

listed alphabetically.  Under "M" is an Green icon with a graph on it and the description next say "MONEY".  If I click on this I get the same window that has 

a row of items to choose from.  They selection include: "Today"  "Watchlist"  "News"   "Investing"  and so forth.

I do not understand how you can say that this is not Microsoft money???

So, are you still saying I am using a browser and looking at MSN Money?  If so I will look elsewhere and no longer bother you.  Thank you for your help.

Gordon

Sunday, June 11, 2017 2:53 PM
  • Sorry for not understanding what has been happening.   I got into Google Chrome and typed in MSN Money and the same window came up that I am having

trouble with.  So, MSN Money it is!  Very confusing because I do not understand the difference between Microsoft money and MSN money.

Thanks again.  I have directed my question to the help button on MSN money.

Gordon

Sunday, June 11, 2017 3:04 PM
  • Quite alright. Microsoft Money is a program in the old-fashioned sense. It has to be installed from a CD on each computer and does not require Internet access. It was made by Microsoft from 1990 through 2008. The last program (2008) was re-released in a "Sunset" version which removed multiple Internet connected features since all of the Internet sites it used were being retired. It is a stand-alone program running only on the computer and not in a browser.

MSN runs a website. On Windows 8, the MSN web app was preinstalled and can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. It is completely different from the retired Microsoft Money program. The MSN app used a green icon. Microsoft Money always used a blue icon.

Microsoft Money had much more functionality with bank accounts and investment accounts allowing you to keep all details of all of your individual transactions. It has full register functionality. The Sunset version is still available if you want much more functionality, but without direct Internet data updates, by using the download links in the second "sticky" post to this forum. There are other programs that people have written to allow you to update your quote prices and bank accounts, but they will have to be downloaded separately, and you will have to enter all the information they need in order to do the downloads. Other people in this forum can help you find and use those programs.

Hope this helps.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Monday, June 12, 2017 12:36 AM