WHS Remote Acces doesn't let me configur RRS feed

• Question

• My WHS was up for years and I had no trouble accessing it from my work or any other computer whatsoever. until today. I got a message that portforwarding failed. So I went to the Homeserver control to check it out. I started to repair the Remote Acces. That didn't work so I decided to release the domein name, and now I getting the message during the Domain Name setup: "You might not be connected to the internet. Please check your internet connection and try again. 8002ee7". I am connected to the internet. I never hd any issues before configuring my remote acces. So what to do?

Friday, May 4, 2012 3:05 AM

Answers

• You're not alone. I got the exact same error about 2 hours ago with my own WHS v1.

I tried to delete my domain and recreate it, but it doesn't let me log in via my live account.

I hope this is only temporary. :(

Anybody else having the same problem?

I got this info from Facebook. There's a Windows Home Server JP Forum on there. 
    Translated from the Japanese:
    It was a question raised by the law of the TechNet forum, but there also has adocumented, Windows Live Custom Domain service is currently down as. I think towards the user, and that an error like the following in the dash board has been notified. You thinkthe impact of this is as follows. Has been updated to global IP addresses that areassigned to users are using, such as 2008 R2 Essentials WHS V1 [Scope], WHS2011, SBS2011 Essentials, Windows Storage Server, DDNS service of Microsoft from the ISP[effect], the MS opportunity and become different from the IP address that is registered with the server, the global IP address # you can not get a new DDNS address is unable to resolve, such as the name of the DDNS address xxx.homeserver.com is updated, thecontract depends on the ISP has been. There are an ISP or have a way of assignment, such as close to the nearly fixed, and the like from the pool to assign to each ISP PPPoEsession. As long as even though the error is displayed on the dashboard of a WHS,global IP is not to change the remote access from outside is possible, but until theservice is restored, in order to avoid that the global IP will be changed as much as possible , I think it is desirable to power on / off the router should be avoided. The development team directly, and that seems to be that the feedback is up on the forum ofJapan, also for the future, and must have a site about the status of running Windows Custom Domain service that the service is on my way down from you have been fed back. Hasten.
    • Marked as answer by frenne Friday, May 4, 2012 1:07 PM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 12:20 PM

All replies

• You're not alone. I got the exact same error about 2 hours ago with my own WHS v1.

I tried to delete my domain and recreate it, but it doesn't let me log in via my live account.

Friday, May 4, 2012 4:07 AM
  • I am having same problem.  I even remotely connected to WHS and ran IE from desktop which connected to Internet.  Acting like live domain site is out.  Does anyone know MS support number we can call or check to see status of live domain site?
    Friday, May 4, 2012 9:18 AM
  • Same thing. According to the Support page, they don't start answering calls until 5:00am Pacific time.
    Friday, May 4, 2012 9:19 AM
  •  I am getting a similar alert on WHS v1.

"Windows Home Server cannot connect to Windows Live (TM) Custom Domains servers"
    and that my WHS cannot connect to Windows Live (TM). However, I can still connect to my WHS web page from outside my network, so I suspect the problem is with the Windows Live (TM) Custom Domain servers. I have a dynamic ip address, but it hasn't changed in over two years.

BullDawg
    In God We Trust
    : Same thing. According to the Support page, they don't start answering calls until 5:00am Pacific time.
    :

BullDawg
    Friday, May 4, 2012 9:34 AM
  • I did the same thing as frenne and Eric. I'm in my office and can still connect to my server using my xxx.homeserver.com URL, even though I released it, and now, when I remote in to my desktop via Logmein and open the WHS Console, I still cannot sign into Windows live ID to re-add it. I hope Microsoft is on the ball on this one. 
    • Edited by mll06 Friday, May 4, 2012 11:17 AM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 11:05 AM
  • That's odd. I can't remote connect to my server anymore. I have a feeling it all started when WHS installed PP3. Iget file conflicts all the time. I first thought my disks were failing so I bought 3 new HD and reinstalled my WHS. After 3 months it happened again first the file conflicts and now this. Anyone concur on this?

Friday, May 4, 2012 12:18 PM

I got this info from Facebook. There's a Windows Home Server JP Forum on there. 
    Translated from the Japanese:
    It was a question raised by the law of the TechNet forum, but there also has adocumented, Windows Live Custom Domain service is currently down as. I think towards the user, and that an error like the following in the dash board has been notified. You thinkthe impact of this is as follows. Has been updated to global IP addresses that areassigned to users are using, such as 2008 R2 Essentials WHS V1 [Scope], WHS2011, SBS2011 Essentials, Windows Storage Server, DDNS service of Microsoft from the ISP[effect], the MS opportunity and become different from the IP address that is registered with the server, the global IP address # you can not get a new DDNS address is unable to resolve, such as the name of the DDNS address xxx.homeserver.com is updated, thecontract depends on the ISP has been. There are an ISP or have a way of assignment, such as close to the nearly fixed, and the like from the pool to assign to each ISP PPPoEsession. As long as even though the error is displayed on the dashboard of a WHS,global IP is not to change the remote access from outside is possible, but until theservice is restored, in order to avoid that the global IP will be changed as much as possible , I think it is desirable to power on / off the router should be avoided. The development team directly, and that seems to be that the feedback is up on the forum ofJapan, also for the future, and must have a site about the status of running Windows Custom Domain service that the service is on my way down from you have been fed back. Hasten.
    • Marked as answer by frenne Friday, May 4, 2012 1:07 PM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 12:20 PM
  • omg why don't they tell us about that. Glad i didn't start a new server reinstall.....
    Friday, May 4, 2012 12:36 PM
  • I just verified that I was able to connect to Windows Live Custom Domain Service and re-add my WHS V1 back in. All is working fine now.
    Friday, May 4, 2012 2:00 PM
  • Working here in Korea also.

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

BullDawg
    Friday, May 4, 2012 2:11 PM
  • I was able to re-establlish connection with Windows Live Domain and activate my remote access also.

I think the next time this happens, I will not release my domain so quickly as the service would have re-connected later as usual.  The problem is that there is no notification when the problem is at the domain level.  In the past, the problem was local and releasing and resetting always fixed this issue quickly.

Friday, May 4, 2012 2:33 PM
  • I just verified that I was able to connect to Windows Live Custom Domain Service and re-add my WHS V1 back in. All is working fine now.

Still not working :(

Friday, May 4, 2012 2:46 PM