Change Scope Parameter in Interceptor RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to change a scope parameter in an interceptor?

The idea would be to provide a role validation filter of data that is synced.  So when the user syncs, the interceptor will look up what data the user has access to and set that access as a scope parameter in the interceptor.

Thanks.

Michael
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:06 PM

Answers

• Because the scope parameter is passed as a query parameter, I attempted to change the parameter on the server interceptor by redirecting to the service with the changed query string.  Because I changed the query string, I received "object moved" xhtml along with the feed xml which caused the client to bomb.

I don't think this is possible without a lot of complexity so I'm bailing on this solution and going with a work-around.

Michael
    • Marked as answer by webermi Friday, August 26, 2011 4:56 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:36 PM

All replies

• Because the scope parameter is passed as a query parameter, I attempted to change the parameter on the server interceptor by redirecting to the service with the changed query string.  Because I changed the query string, I received "object moved" xhtml along with the feed xml which caused the client to bomb.

I don't think this is possible without a lot of complexity so I'm bailing on this solution and going with a work-around.

Michael
    • Marked as answer by webermi Friday, August 26, 2011 4:56 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:36 PM
  • in addition, (if am not mistaken), the filter is part of the scope definition. you can check this in the scope_config entry for the scope or in the select_changes stored procedure.
    Friday, August 26, 2011 12:51 AM