WHS virusbekämpningsprogram RRS feed

• Question

• what virus program you can have the WHS

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:42 PM

All replies

• There are a couple of AV solutions for Windows Home Server. Avast! has a version specifically for WHS; it integrates with the console and allows controlling Avast on up to 10 home computers that are joined to your server. Fsecure has a version as well, as does BitDefender. McAfee has a product for Windows Home Server as well, but I believe that's only distributed with certain OEM servers (HP, Acer) and isn't available for an end user to purchase.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 3:30 PM
  • There are a couple of AV solutions for Windows Home Server. Avast! has a version specifically for WHS; it integrates with the console and allows controlling Avast on up to 10 home computers that are joined to your server. Fsecure has a version as well, as does BitDefender. McAfee has a product for Windows Home Server as well, but I believe that's only distributed with certain OEM servers (HP, Acer) and isn't available for an end user to purchase.
    Ken, FYI, BitDefender does not have a WHS-specific version and in order to install it, it requires logging into the server desktop (you know what that means...  :)  ), plus a patch just to get it to install at all.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:47 AM
  • Could be, I haven't tried to install it. They claim that their free version supports Windows Home Server, though.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:18 PM