"Windows Licence will expire in" + "Evaluation Copy" RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Vista Ultimate 64 bit through a DVD and have been getting this message even though I've activated Vista using a valid CD key.

After looking around, I learned that SP RC1 was *included* in the DVD and, therefore, I cannot uninstall it via ADD/REMOVE programs.

Darin Smith MS:

a) If you installed RC1 thru a slipstream install, (This means you install Vista, which included the RC1, all in one install) then the only way to resolve the issue is to reinstall Vista without RC1 included.

How do I get a new CD/DVD of Vista Ultimate 64, one that does not have RC1 included? Is it possible to download one from the Microsoft site since I do have a valid Product Key?

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:00 AM

Answers

•  

Hello RezaS,

Where did you get the DVD? The Slipstream copy of Vista with Release Candidate 1 of Service Pack 1  was not avalable to the general public and was not sold at any stores.  User would have to have made the slipstream copy Themselves (by combining the RC1 download with an normal copy of Vista) or thru a Develper program, such as MSDN or Technet.

Eitherway, the user would still have access to the normal version of Vista.

My area of knowledge is Vista Activation and Validation and I have no relationship with the Vista Service Pack group. So for any Service Pact 1 and/or Release Candidate 1 questions, please go http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11732#tab0. There is a link to SP1 specific support that can anwser your questions far better then I can.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:56 PM