What next after MCTS - Web Development with .NET Framework 4 (Exam 70-515)? RRS feed

• Question

• I passed the MCTS - Web Development with .NET Framework 4 (Exam 70-515) today. I just want to know which is the next certification I can take. And I will be able to take the next certification only after 2 years. I'm sure that by that time, the .NET 4 exams would have been retired. Does that mean my MCTS certification would be a waste at that point, and I won't be able to upgrade that certification to anything higher? Please help me out. Thank you.
    Saturday, May 25, 2013 1:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

like said above the exam will still be valuable and it is not a waste of time, but you wont be able to achieve the MCPD level. A side note, you wont be able to upgrade from a MCTS exam to a new one, which is not part of this special certification track.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013 4:14 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The certification will still be valid, even after the exam is retired. It does not require a recertification every two years as some others do.
    Saturday, May 25, 2013 7:04 PM
  • Hi,

like said above the exam will still be valuable and it is not a waste of time, but you wont be able to achieve the MCPD level. A side note, you wont be able to upgrade from a MCTS exam to a new one, which is not part of this special certification track.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013 4:14 PM
    Answerer