Being a MSP RRS feed

• General discussion

•  
    Want to be a Microsoft Student Partner ?
    • Motivated undergraduate and post graduate students from across the world are invited to apply for the Microsoft Student Partner Program.

• In exchange for sharing your knowledge and participating in fun activities on your campus, you will get a whole host of benefits, the chance to connect to like-minded people and gain real-world experience to add to your Resume.
    • The Program allows selected students to work along with Professionals from Microsoft and be a Student Representative for Microsoft on their college campus.
    • Not only this, but top Student Partners also get the opportunity to be interviewed at Microsoft.

• Collaborate ... Innovate ... Celebrate - If this is what you want to do, then nominate yourself as a Student Partner today.

About being a Microsoft Student Partner(MSP):

Being a student partner with Microsoft opens up a lot of opportunities for you to learn, grow and build your career, holistically !

As a student partner with Microsoft you get interview opportunities at IDC-Bangalore, MSITI and SMSG. In addition, you could get invited for Microsoft premium developer forum, meeting leading industrialists and heads of Microsoft in India etc. You could also get invited to the global student partner summit !

Along with all this, you receive an official letter confirming that you are a student partner with Microsoft. MSDN Premium Subscription, Vista(Business Edition), Resource DVDs, Books, USB Sticks, an official Microsoft student partner id, visiting cards, student partner t-shirts, caps are some of the other things that could come to you as a result of being a student partner with Microsoft !

For more details, you can always log on to www.student-partners.com

Regards ,
    Vikram Jeet Singh
    Microsoft Student Partner
    UIIT, Shimla(HP)
    0 94180 20304
    Monday, September 24, 2007 6:43 PM

All replies

• thanks for t valuable info frnd!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:02 PM
  • Thanks dude, i have given the interview for the MSP, hope i get selected, fingers crossed Smile
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:51 PM
  • @Harshil,

All t best yar!

can u guide on how 2 improve technical skill?

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:53 PM
  • hi,

do v have any chances of gettin a job in ms via this student patner concept..or is it a added credit when v attent the interview..do they give any priviledges to these student patners?
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 3:32 PM
  •  

Yes why not ?

Getting into MS is very difficult in early time. You can expect only after a great PHD or excellent skills.

How many people have you heard of working with MS in comparison to companies like Wipro, Satyam etc.?

Being a MSP gives you very early chances of interacting with the MS officials & build on your skills timely.

Moreover, if not in MS, then still you have a lot of certificates to be attached along with your CV which further will be an added advantage.

Afterall, How many other companies are as big as MS

You can always log onto www.student-partners.com to get more details.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:28 PM
  • Why not mam ?

you can improve on your knowledge about the latest MS products such as Microsoft Silverlight, Expression Blend ,Visual studio etc. Moreover you can build upon your programming languages such as C++, JAVA,.NET etc as well.

Taking part in various competitions such as www.imaginecup.com & www.studentrockstar.com will help you learn more & test your skills.

Best of luck & feel free to communicate

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:37 PM
  • A very Best of Luck to all the aspirants

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:40 PM
  • HI  vikram,
    I am interested to apply for MSP.
    I have visited the link you provided but it says that we have to send the form after 1st october .So should i wait for that,
    Or it means something else.Please clearify the situation.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:03 PM
  • Hi Ranjeeth,
    yes offcouse the MSP's get some previleges when they attend MS interviews...also they get chance to attend interviews in MS....
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:57 PM
  • thank u guys,
    this is really cool..we should be really proud to be a part of this contest..all the best for all of the participants...this would be a greater chance for ur to get into the ms...
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:07 PM
  • You shall wait for the given date or else you may forward your application to me so that I may nominate you & forward your request further.

vikramjeetsing@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:15 PM
  • Thank you vikram for your reply i have mailed u my application form.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:23 PM
  • Yes Vijay, I received your form. By looking at your profile , I believe that you have a very good chance.I will be forwarding it soon.

As far as Open Source is concerned, you shall not worry at all. Its excellent that have that experience.

Just keep your fingers crossed & wait for the result

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:07 PM
  • Yup Vikram,
    I will be waiting for it.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:49 PM
  • THANX FOR THIS INFO ............. I M SURE THIS WILL BE SURELY HELP ME IN MY CAREER....

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:12 PM
  • Thanks pal, for your valuable information...

Saturday, October 6, 2007 8:24 AM
  • You are most welcome my friend. Be free for any kind of queries

Saturday, October 6, 2007 12:19 PM
  • how is the interview conducted for the selected students???
    Sunday, October 7, 2007 3:38 AM
  • but i dont think so microsoft will make real partner
    Monday, October 8, 2007 4:47 AM
  • Really motivative...

Monday, October 8, 2007 6:54 AM
  • the interview might be related to the latest MS technologies, other technical skills .

Its aim will be to make out how much eager are you in joining the Programme ?

Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:47 AM
  • @ Sibu........

Thanks for your visit

Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:49 AM
  • in interview ur knowledge in MS technologies will b tested...
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:59 AM
  • ohh what are all the things that u should be strong in before attending the msp interview???
    Monday, October 15, 2007 2:51 PM
  • be good in wat ever u know...
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:09 AM