Moderator move thread issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

the implementation of the language dependent forum selection I run into a problem today, as I moved a forum posting away from Windows Home Server (English forum) to Windows Server Technet forum. After moving I found, that it was moved into the German language Technet forums instead of the intended English language forum. The language is not visible in the tree.)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, November 11, 2013 2:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• So what do you think happened? Is the German forum listed with the English forums?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:05 AM
  • Hi Ed,

I have a hard time at all to distinguish, when which forum is listed.

Sometimes I can access links to English Forum threads and forums only with IE language settings configured to German, at other times IE has to be configured to English, and vice versa. Its utterly confusion for multilingual users what has been produced with the forum redesign since early summer.

So if I am in the English Windows Home Server forum, I do not expect that the list presented if selecting Move thread is bringing up a German language Windows Server forum in Technet Forums. Lack of the language in the forum name doesn't make it possible to distinguish here.

The link to the thread in question is I am not able to start Workstation service , getting error 1079 ,please help

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Edited by Olaf Engelke Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:14 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:13 AM
  • The question is in windows_Serverde. If you are a moderator of the forum you can open the thread's english url (replace de-DE with en-US in the url) and move it back to the English windows_Server forum.

Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:29 AM
  • The question is in windows_Serverde. If you are a moderator of the forum you can open the thread's english url (replace de-DE with en-US in the url) and move it back to the English windows_Server forum.

Unfortunately I am not a moderator there. And if I replace DE with EN the thread will not be found - since the forum redesign this language filtering stuff is a major pain point.

Best greetings from Redmond
    Olaf

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:28 PM
  • You can follow up in the thread to ask the moderator. 

The link you gave above is the en link for the thread and is working.  

Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:44 PM