USB-A to parallel printer cable for Oki Microline 591 RRS feed

• Question

• Bought a new computer that didn't have a parallel port for my Oki Microline 591.  Bought a USB-A cable to connect from computer USB outlet to parallel port on Oki.  Computer says the cable installed okay, installed the Oki on the new computer and it says that took too.  Try to print on the Oki, computer says the document has been sent to the printer, but it won't print.  Just keeps saying I have one document pending for the Oki.

What could I be doing wrong?  I've made sure the Oki is in receive mode, made it the default printer, uninstalled and reinstalled both the printer driver and the cable.  The computer has Windows 7 and the driver for the printer was on the list of printers in "adding new printers".

Kimberlee Chambers
    Sunday, January 2, 2011 10:12 PM

Answers

• Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you have a wrong place posted. This forum is used to post questions about the Microsoft Fix it Center automated troubleshooting tool. Your issue was not appears to be a relate "Fix it Center". For general support questions please go to http://answers.microsoft.com. Thanks for your understanding!  Happy New Year! :)

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:41 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:40 AM
  • Thank you.  Problem solved. No longer need an answer.

Best regards,

Ladyhunter

Kimberlee Chambers
    • Marked as answer by ladyhunter Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:55 PM
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:53 PM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you have a wrong place posted. This forum is used to post questions about the Microsoft Fix it Center automated troubleshooting tool. Your issue was not appears to be a relate "Fix it Center". For general support questions please go to http://answers.microsoft.com. Thanks for your understanding!  Happy New Year! :)

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:41 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:40 AM
  • Thank you.  Problem solved. No longer need an answer.

Best regards,

Ladyhunter

Kimberlee Chambers
    • Marked as answer by ladyhunter Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:55 PM
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:53 PM