Add ressource custom field value with PSI 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I'm learning how develop with the Project Server PSI 2013. I succeed add project custom field value, via the SetCustomFieldValue method, but that method doesnt exist in the EnterpriseRessource class.

So i add my value directly in the FieldValue property but i have an exception saying that the field doesnt exist, but he's in the context custom field collection when i update the Enterprise Ressource Collection.

Someone has a sample of adding a custom field value in a ressource via the PSI of Project Server 2013 ? For example in the RBS field.

Regards.

Monday, May 12, 2014 7:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

As you mentioned the SetCustomFieldValue method I assume that you are referring to the CSOM and not PSI api's? 

If so then although I haven't done this myself a quick look through MSDN points to this being the method you need:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/microsoft.projectserver.client.enterpriseresource.item(v=office.15).aspx

Seems the object itself links to the SetCustomFieldValue get; set; methods, so I assume your code would need to look something like:

myResource["CustomFieldInternalName"] = "New custom field value";

HTH,

Martin Laukkanen
    Nearbaseline blog - nearbaseline.com/blog
    Bulk Edit and other Apps - nearbaseline.com/apps

• Marked as answer by Drakta Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:20 PM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:19 PM
  • Indeed I was referring to the CSOM. But the CSOM isn't a part of the PSI ?

Thank for your answer I will test as soon as possible.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:12 PM
  • Thank you very much that works !

PS : after set the value, update the resource collection and execute the query. To see the new value reload the resource (or resource collection).

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:20 PM