Add-In Request RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please make a folder lock Add-In? That would be really great.

Cheers,

Thorn

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 2:49 PM

All replies

• What do you mean?
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:24 PM
  • I know I'd like to have a common share folder with multiple shares in it for everyone. ...say pictures. But some picture folders in the main picture folder I'd like to keep private from certain users. But not create 2 totally separate picture folders-1 private and 1 public.

Basically, keep one main folder that is public then limit view/use of certain folders within the main share. Less duplication of stuff and less likely to mix up things.

Maybe this is what he means.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:59 PM
  • Oh I see.

I actually have most of the code to do this already. If there's enough interest maybe I'll spin it off into a separate Add-In once I get a v 1.0 of Whiist out of the door.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:31 AM
  • Nice, nice, nice. Man, you're on it! I'd like that feature per my last post. Share files with seperate access controls per folder within that main shares.
    Thorny, is this what you're after?

Ohhhhh, Whiist vs 1.0......droooollll...
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:23 AM
  • Yeah baby, Yeah...!!    Integrated granular security controls with out having to use the manual method of folder security settings.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:10 PM
  • That would be great, the icing on the cake would be some (any) sort of quota control so that one user can't fill the server with (say) Music

Cheers,

Gordon

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:43 PM
  • You're going to find quotas rather challenging, I'm afraid. For files that are stored someplace other than D:, the owner will always be Administrator. Only tombstones are owned by the file creator.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:16 PM