WLW and Wordpress - Line break tags being stripped - Tables Column Size issue!

• HI Guys,

I am trying out Windows Live Writer to edit a Wordpress ( WP ) Site ( at my own host space ). Two things I have noticed:

1. When the page gets published from WLW all the BR's are stripped out of the html code. I have the Tiny MCE Advanced plugin added to WP with the "<label class="tadv-box" for="fix_autop">Stop removing the <p> and <br /> tags when saving and show them in the HTML editor" enabled BUT the BR's still get stripped. I assume this is because if using WLW to edit the page, when published, it bypasses tinymce and this instruction?
    I want to add linebreaks / blank lines ( more than one ) intentionally. It seems to be a consistent problem with WP for a long while without the  Tiny MCE Advanced plug. 

2. When i add say a 3 column TABLE ( one row ) To a page in WLW and try set the column widths, the widths do not hold. They keep changing. Right click each cell, change width via right click menu, do so for another cell, look back at last cell width - changed.

Any wisdom appreciated

Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:33 PM

All replies

• For your line breaks, attempt this:

<br clear="all" />

[it's from the new beta Windows Live Writer, just released]

Again, for your tables, attempt the new beta release of Windows Live Writer.

Until next time,

Friday, June 25, 2010 2:12 PM