Error while importing a solution from one organization to other(0x80040374) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have created some entites in the DEV CRM environment and we have exported the solution and when trying to import the same solution to QA CRM we are getting an error displaying that the error code "0x80040374 The content of the import file is not valid. You must select a text file". And when i have downloaded the log file i have seen the following error also "No association entity relationship role was found for entity relationship 0fc19da5-278e-e111-9a28-0050560101b1 and association role ordinal 1"

Can anyone help me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure that you have included solution all component dependent items into the solution, in the solution Entity Components page you may select the entity and click on the Add Required Components button to add all required components and then export for the QA deployment.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

• Marked as answer by Sai Krishna N Friday, September 7, 2012 6:11 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 7:33 AM
  • Hi sai ,

Before importing a solution , a following steps to be checked

1. solution file must be .zip or .txt format

2. all the required components to be exported 

3.all the plug in , process and work flow must be deactivate

and then export the solution and import the solution surely it will work

Regards

Bodhidharma R

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:37 AM
  • Hi Sai Krishna.

While importing a solution , check all the Entity & relation ship entity, and sdk have been added . And add Required Component to Relation ship Entity. 

This Error Occured Due to some missing component. Make Shure , of required Component .

Monday, June 4, 2012 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Make sure that you have included solution all component dependent items into the solution, in the solution Entity Components page you may select the entity and click on the Add Required Components button to add all required components and then export for the QA deployment.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:33 AM
  • Hi sai ,

Before importing a solution , a following steps to be checked

1. solution file must be .zip or .txt format

2. all the required components to be exported 

3.all the plug in , process and work flow must be deactivate

and then export the solution and import the solution surely it will work

Regards

Bodhidharma R

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:37 AM
  • Hi Sai Krishna.

While importing a solution , check all the Entity & relation ship entity, and sdk have been added . And add Required Component to Relation ship Entity. 

This Error Occured Due to some missing component. Make Shure , of required Component .

Monday, June 4, 2012 10:00 AM
  • was this issue addressed? We are facing a simiilar issue . A custom N:N relationship  in the solution seems to be causing it.  If we remove it from the solution then we are able to import into the new environment. 
    Monday, February 18, 2013 10:28 AM
  • I had this error in MSCRM 2013, UR2 on  premises. I guess the reason is that meta data isn't correctly cleaned up when a relationship is deleted. I my case I had a 1:N relationship, which I deleted and replaced with a N:N relationship. Thats when all the problems started.
    Solution: create the new N:N relationship with a slightly different name, e.g. new_list_new_myentity1 instead of the default new_list_new_myentity. This solved my problem.

Per

Friday, May 16, 2014 12:52 AM