homeserver keeps login me out.. RRS feed

• Question

• hello, i bought an acer homeserver h340.

let me be clear on 1 thing...i dont know much about this stuff...

anyway, i installed it at home...the software i mean..and all went fine.

2 days later when i turned it on again i noticed the warning from mcafee saying some components arent working.

i didnt knew what it means but i assumed some things from mcafee needed to be installed.

when i visited xxxxx.homeserver.com the connecting goes well.

but when i click to visit the security center of mcafee it opens the page, no problem..

i click run....

no problem...

but after some time the window times out...saying...........Your login session has timed out. Please log in again

in that way i never will be able to finish the mcafee install.

its not my choice,as it was pre installed..

and as far as i understood from some forums symantec doesnt support my server.

can someone explain to me how to do this as the address xxx.homeserver.com account seems to time out during the install...

John

• Moved by Sushil.Baid [MSFT] Friday, August 13, 2010 12:45 PM home server related query (From:Backup – Windows and Windows Server)
    • Moved by Kevin R James - [MVP] Friday, August 13, 2010 6:26 PM Correct Forum (From:Small Business Server)
    • Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Saturday, August 14, 2010 1:49 PM not a development question (From:Windows Home Server & Windows Home Server "Vail" Add-Ins and Developer Information)
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:01 PM

All replies

• This forum is specifically for Small Business Server not Home Server. Hopefully you can find a forum for Home Server.

Steve

<jimny> wrote in message news:ad8babe6-a2a0-489f-95a7-98740fdb1801@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

hello, i bought an acer homeserver h340.

2 days later when i turned it on again i noticed the warning from mcafee saying some components arent working.

i didnt knew what it means but i assumed some things from mcafee needed to be installed.

but when i click to visit the security center of mcafee it opens the page, no problem..

i click run....

no problem...

but after some time the window times out...saying...........Your login session has timed out. Please log in again

can someone explain to me how to do this as the address xxx.homeserver.com account seems to time out during the install...

John

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:52 PM
  • Steve,

Something is wrong.  This is

Microsoft.en-US.whsdevelopers

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whsdevelopers/threads

which is for WHS (WHS v1) and Vail (WHS v2) Add-Ins and Developer Information, not SBS.

(Windows Home Server & Windows Home Server "Vail" Add-Ins and Developer Information)

Perhaps you are in the wrong location?

John,

Steve was correct by stating you were in the wrong group.  Direct your post to the

Microsoft.en-US.whssoftware

at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/threads

and you will have a much better chance of getting a resolution.

--

BullDawg
      In God We Trust

This forum is specifically for Small Business Server not Home Server. Hopefully you can find a forum for Home Server.

Steve

<jimny> wrote in message news:ad8babe6-a2a0-489f-95a7-98740fdb1801@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

i click run....

no problem...

John

BullDawg
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 12:43 AM
  • Don't use the server web site in your own home. use the console.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 1:48 PM
  • Seems the NNTP Bridge has scrambled the groups again!

--

BullDawg
      In God We Trust

Something is wrong.  This is

Microsoft.en-US.whsdevelopers

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whsdevelopers/threads

which is for WHS (WHS v1) and Vail (WHS v2) Add-Ins and Developer Information, not SBS.

(Windows Home Server & Windows Home Server "Vail" Add-Ins and Developer Information)

Perhaps you are in the wrong location?

John,

Steve was correct by stating you were in the wrong group.  Direct your post to the

Microsoft.en-US.whssoftware

at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/threads

and you will have a much better chance of getting a resolution.

--

BullDawg
      In God We Trust

This forum is specifically for Small Business Server not Home Server. Hopefully you can find a forum for Home Server.

Steve

i click run....

no problem...

John

BullDawg

BullDawg
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 3:31 PM
  • Seems the NNTP Bridge has scrambled the groups again!
    Moderators can, and regularly do, move posts from one forum to another. That doesn't sit well with some newsreaders, I'm afraid.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 6:13 PM