CRM 2015 Case Record - Restrict Multi User Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a requirement to allow only one agent to update a case record at the same time, our customer support team says, there will be situations where multiple agents work on the same case at the same time, they see a risk of losing the data as CRM holds the data from whoever saves last.

Basically we need a way to warn the user if there is someone already working on the same case, ideally somebody opened the same case.

I did some online search to see if someone had done anything, the suggestions i see from people is to change the business process(which is not a solution for us) as it is technically not feasible.

I thought below approach but i have some challenges here.

Creating 1 field on case or related entity to case(just to avoid unnecessary updates to case), which holds user currently opened the case.

In the case onload, check if the field is empty, set it to current user and save, if not empty, check if it same as current user, if not same, warn the user as it is opened by other user. The issue is clearing this field, as there is no event on the form close, if user closes without changing anything. 

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards Jeevan Please vote for me if you find the answer is useful.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 2:10 PM

All replies