none
Asking a question is disrupted when typing in "Title"

Question

• After typing title and moving to Body to enter message there I a big delay the "Top Related Threads" is populated.  THis cause the page to jump and hides the editor off the bottom of the browser.

This is very annoying and leads to bad data entry.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Edited by jrv Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:13 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Wow, this is quite a bug! Can you help the support engineer repro the bug?

I'll submit the request and see if they can work with you to get it to repro.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:59 PM
    Owner
  • Okay, I submitted it as a bug request. They'll need to talk to you in this thread in order to get it repro'ed on their end.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:05 PM
    Owner
  • Ed - did you try it and see what I saw?

It is easy to reproduce.  The impact is in proportion to the size of the text injected into the page.

If you keep changing the question you will see varying jumps in the page.

Enter a question with a broad likelihood of returning a lot of suggestions.  The effect will be very obvious.

It's not a killer bug but it is annoying and confused me the first time it happened.  Once I realized what was happening I knew I needed to wait before starting to type again.  Others may not catch on so quickly. It was just dumb luck that I guessed what was causing the jumps.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:11 PM
  • Note also that the title says "Title" where there should be quotes.  The control is optioned wrong.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:14 PM
  • Bug 1255950 had been filed.

Regards, Jundan

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:28 PM