What is the purpose/description of the new "Trace" privilege available in security roles? RRS feed

• Question

• Just noticed the new Trace privilege in security roles and can't really find anything regarding this anywhere online.  Can someone point me in the right direction or spell out what it controls access to please?

Thank you!

Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Josh,
    the only information I found come from this site:

http://xrminabox.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/new-entities-and-security-privileges-in-crm-2013/

The TraceLog entity is an internal entity which is visible in the system but have no supported developer scenarios. It’s not known at this stage if this entity is only required by the Microsoft Support Personnel.

Hope it helps

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Thursday, May 1, 2014 3:09 PM
  • I believe it has to do with server side email synchronization, and is available to users when there are sync issues.
    Friday, May 2, 2014 3:14 PM
  • Well I figured it was a role surrounding the Trace feature available server-side and client-side, but I can't really figure out what it manages access to.  Is it the ability to open the Diagnostics tool on their workstation and actually trace?  Is it the ability to see the traces somewhere in the GUI?  I don't know, and it's annoying that I can't really find it spelled out somewhere.
    Friday, May 2, 2014 6:11 PM