Cannot add a shared folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have drive bender and WHS2011. I have missing shared folder so I tried to  re-create them. However, it failde. the error message is An unexpexted error has occured 80040089. - Try this again.

Any suggestion to fix it? I can still see the files with remore Adminstrator.

cheers

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I understand that missing shared folder was the original issue. Then you want to recreate the shared folder. On current situation, please refer to following article and check if help us to make the sahred folder visible.

Shared folder is no longer visible after booting

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If this issue still exists, please follow the path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs and check dashboard log file if find more clues. Those may help us to go further analyze.

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:07 AM
  • Hi Justin,

I tried the restart service but no luck, still cannot re-create shared folders. I tried to creat a new sharde folder and got the same error message.

How to send you the log file?

cheers

Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:46 AM