none
Which certification is better 70-685 or 70-686 in win 7 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Which certification is better 70-685 or 70-686 in win 7 ? I have less than a month for preparing for the certifications can it be achieved within this constraint time period?

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi arungan123,

Mr. Wharty has pretty much covered it, but I just want to add one thing. If you've already passed 70-680, then passing 70-685 should be relatively easy since there is a large amount of overlap between the two exams, and therefore less new material to learn. You could probably pass 70-685 in this short time frame if you worked really diligently, and had the background of 70-680.

However, the same cannot be said for 70-686 because there is not the same degree of overlap with 70-680. Therefore, if you've already passed 70-680, then my suggestion would be to go with 70-685. If you've not already passed 70-680, then, without that foundation, it might be quite challenging to pass either exam in this short time frame.

I hope this information proves useful to you. Good luck on your exam.

James

Monday, December 17, 2012 1:07 AM

All replies

• 70-685 would be better for someone working in a help desk/technical support role as it deals with:

• Identifying Cause of and Resolving Desktop Application Issues
    • Identifying Cause of and Resolving Networking Issues
    • Managing and Maintaining Systems That Run Windows 7 Client
    • Supporting Mobile Users
    • Identifying Cause of and Resolving Security Issues

70-686 would be better for someone working in a Windows 7 Deployment role as it deals with:

• Planning and Managing a Client Life Cycle Strategy
    • Designing a Standard Image
    • Designing Client Configurations
    • Designing a Windows 7 Client Deployment
    • Designing Application Packages for Deployment
    • Identifying and Resolving Deployment and Client Configuration Issues

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:23 PM
  • Hi arungan123,

Mr. Wharty has pretty much covered it, but I just want to add one thing. If you've already passed 70-680, then passing 70-685 should be relatively easy since there is a large amount of overlap between the two exams, and therefore less new material to learn. You could probably pass 70-685 in this short time frame if you worked really diligently, and had the background of 70-680.

However, the same cannot be said for 70-686 because there is not the same degree of overlap with 70-680. Therefore, if you've already passed 70-680, then my suggestion would be to go with 70-685. If you've not already passed 70-680, then, without that foundation, it might be quite challenging to pass either exam in this short time frame.

I hope this information proves useful to you. Good luck on your exam.

James

Monday, December 17, 2012 1:07 AM