Other Security software RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have Norton's running on one computer and McAfee on this one. Should I remove them before installing One Care? or do I still need them?
    Monday, December 17, 2007 3:29 AM

Answers

•  

It's never a good idea to have more than one antvirus program on your machine as they both do real-time scanning and can slow down performance and/or cause system instability. If you want to install OneCare on both computers (and you can install it on three for one subscription), it's best to remove them both (and use their respective cleanup tools). You may even be prompted to do so. If you want OneCare on just one machine, just choose the one you want.
    Monday, December 17, 2007 7:39 AM

All replies

•  

It's never a good idea to have more than one antvirus program on your machine as they both do real-time scanning and can slow down performance and/or cause system instability. If you want to install OneCare on both computers (and you can install it on three for one subscription), it's best to remove them both (and use their respective cleanup tools). You may even be prompted to do so. If you want OneCare on just one machine, just choose the one you want.
    Monday, December 17, 2007 7:39 AM
  •  

I have just installed onecare. There have been various problems.  In particular, I keep on getting notice to uninstall mcafee.  However, when I hit that button to uninstall, it brings up the message "Canot go to that location," and when I go to the control panel to uninstall, I am not able to uninstall mcafee.  What should I do?  Also, I am frequently unable to link to the internet now.  This is not an improvement, and soon I will just uninstall onecare.
    Monday, January 14, 2008 3:39 AM
  • Monday, January 14, 2008 6:50 PM