D Partition not listed to be backed up?? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a laptop with 2 partitions, C and D.  C is 105gig NTFS and D is 8gig Fat32.  This is the way it came from the manufacturer.  I think D is just used for recovery purposes.  I can see both drives in Windows Explorer.  When I set the backup options the D drive is not listed to be backed up.  In my other backup program, Acronis True Image it is listed.  My question is, is the D getting backed up with WHS?

Thanks

Kevin

Monday, April 2, 2007 2:17 PM

Answers

• At this point support for FAT32 is not included for WHS.  That would be why your D: partition is not included in the backup.
    Monday, April 2, 2007 3:07 PM
  • As far as we've been told, no. FAT32 drives/partitions will not be supported.  With WHS, you should never need the recovery partition on an OEM machine.  And if you do........... well........ get the disks from the OEM.
    Monday, April 2, 2007 9:02 PM

All replies

• At this point support for FAT32 is not included for WHS.  That would be why your D: partition is not included in the backup.
    Monday, April 2, 2007 3:07 PM
  • Thanks, any word on if it will support FAT32 when it is released?  I think alot of OEM's provide this partition for restore purposes.
    Monday, April 2, 2007 3:22 PM
  • As far as we've been told, no. FAT32 drives/partitions will not be supported.  With WHS, you should never need the recovery partition on an OEM machine.  And if you do........... well........ get the disks from the OEM.
    Monday, April 2, 2007 9:02 PM