CRM 2011 - Problem with Lookup MRU RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

Our customer have problem with Lookup MRU function. Few user got error on all lookup fields. Error is in LookupMruList.js on line with this code: this.get_element().save("LookupMruItems") ... Error: System cannot find desired file.

Can somebody help us with this problem? This error occure only for few users, which are in the same AD group with same rules as other user. I think it's connected with user profile (not with CRM user)

Thanks

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:52 AM

Answers

• We run our CRM on Citrix for 200 users and after implementing a JSON2/Jquery task some of the users had this error.

I did a minify of my larger scripts but this didn't fix it. We set user settings to local intranet but no solution.

Our Tech services department compared user profiles between ok users and erroring users. There was a missing folder in the disk where the settings reside.

Our solution was for Tech Services to add the UserData folder to \Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer for each affected user. It is a system folder so your "Windows explorer" options need to be set to view this. (You should also see a 'Quick Launch' folder in this directory.)

When you log back in, it will take time (5 minutes for us) to initialize folder files and then you should be 'functioning' again.

Monday, January 16, 2012 1:31 AM
  • Microsoft support finally found out what was the problem.

This LookupMRU file for some reason grows more than 128K. And IE has different limitations for local and trusted zones for download file size. So this problem is now registered and I hope will be fixed in future update rollups.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:44 AM

All replies

• Enabling Trace can help to get more details about this error
    Mahain : My Dynamics CRM Blog
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:10 AM
  • There are no more details. I had checked it before i wrote this question.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:13 AM
  • Does anybody have other idea?

Thanks

Michal

Monday, June 20, 2011 1:01 PM
  • Did you ever figure this out? I'm running into the same issue.
    JS
    Monday, August 8, 2011 1:19 PM
  • Hi.

We've communicated with microsoft developers via ms support since my last post. Nobody know reason of this problem still, but it seems to be problem with user profile.

Michal

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

we have similar problem with LookupMruList.js

For some users it says "Disk is full" on the line: .save("LookupMru"). We could't find out the reason.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:39 PM
  • The error message is:

<CrmScriptErrorReport>
     <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>
     <ScriptErrorDetails>
      <Message>The disk is full.
    </Message>
      <Line>1</Line>
      <URL>/_static/_controls/LookupMru/LookupMruList.js?ver=-598916711</URL>
      <PageURL>/main.aspx?etc=2&extraqs=%3f_gridType%3d2%26etc%3d2%26id%3d%257b11848618-46B0-E011-BB4C-00155D090E00%257d%26rskey%3d709323287&pagetype=entityrecord</PageURL>
      <Function>anonymous($p0){var$v_0=null;try{$v_0=this.$k_3();if(!IsNull($p0)){var$v_1=String.format("Timestamp:Loaded={0},Updated={1},Saved={2}{3}{4}",this.$H_3.toString(),!IsNull(this.$A_3)?this.$A_3.toString():(newDate).toString(),!IsNull(this.$9_3)?this.$9_3.toStr</Function>
      <CallStack>
      <Function>anonymous($p0){var$v_0=null;try{$v_0=this.$k_3();if(!IsNull($p0)){var$v_1=String.format("Timestamp:Loaded={0},Updated={1},Saved={2}{3}{4}",this.$H_3.toString(),!IsNull(this.$A_3)?this.$A_3.toString():(newDate).toString(),!IsNull(this.$9_3)?this.$9_3.toString():"","\n",$p0);this.get_element().setAttribute(this.$J_3,$v_1)}}catch($$e_1_0){if(!IsNull($v_0)){var$v_2=String.format("Timestamp:Loaded={0},Updated={1},Saved={2}{3}{4}",this.$H_3.toString(),this.$A_3.toString(),!IsNull(this.$9_3)?this.$9_3.toString():"","\n",$v_0);this.get_element().setAttribute(this.$J_3,$v_2)}}this.get_element().save("LookupMruItems")}</Function>
      <Function>anonymous($p0){this.$H_3=this.$19_3;var$v_0=this.$14_3($p0);$v_0=this.$15_3($v_0);this.$W_3($v_0);for(var$v_1=0;$v_1<this.$F_3.length;$v_1++){var$v_2=this.$F_3[$v_1];$v_2($v_0)}this.$F_3=newArray(0);return$v_0}</Function>
      <Function>anonymous($p0,$p1){var$v_0=null;if($p0.Success){$v_0=$p0.ReturnValue;this.$16_3($v_0)}this.$j_3=false}</Function>
      <Function>anonymous(){returnb.apply(a,arguments)}</Function>
      <Function>readyStateChanged()</Function>
      </CallStack>
     </ScriptErrorDetails>
     <ClientInformation>
      <BrowserUserAgent>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)</BrowserUserAgent>
      <BrowserLanguage>ru</BrowserLanguage>
      <SystemLanguage>ru</SystemLanguage>
      <UserLanguage>ru</UserLanguage>
      <ScreenResolution>1280x1024</ScreenResolution>
      <ClientName>Web</ClientName>
      <ClientTime>2011-08-24T17:09:15</ClientTime>
     </ClientInformation>
     <ServerInformation>
      <OrgLanguage>1049</OrgLanguage>
      <OrgCulture>1049</OrgCulture>
      <UserLanguage>1049</UserLanguage>
      <UserCulture>1049</UserCulture>
      <OrgID>{6F82FB70-0CA3-E011-BB4C-00155D090E00}</OrgID>
      <UserID>{09074A2A-0EA3-E011-BB4C-00155D090E00}</UserID>
      <CRMVersion>5.0.9688.1244</CRMVersion>
     </ServerInformation>
    </CrmScriptErrorReport>

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:40 PM
  • Any news related to the seen issue?

Chris Richner http://www.raccoom.net
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:32 PM
  • Hi.

Not yet. We are aranging session with microsoft support engineers now. They will remotely connect to our customer network and I hope they find the problem then. They cannot simulate our symptoms on their enviroment.

Michal

Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Thanks for your fast feedback, we are currently looking into this issue our selves.

Please share your insights after the remote session with us, thanks in advance!

Good luck!

Chris Richner http://www.raccoom.net
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

I have this problem as well and it really interferces with my daily work. Is someone looking in to this?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

Microsoft couldn't solve this issue completely.

The only solution is to move CRM web site from trusted to local group in Internet settings on users' workstations.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:56 AM
  • We have the same issue for one of our customers. It seems to be an authorization issue. The MRU information has to be stored somewhere (on the CRM server), but the logged-in user seems not to have appropriate rights to do this ... or even cannot read at the file location.
    CRM Consultant
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

Microsoft couldn't solve this issue completely.

The only solution is to move CRM web site from trusted to local group in Internet settings on users' workstations.

We were facing the same issue here. Adding the CRM to the local group obviously solved the Issue.

Thank you.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:53 PM
  • Microsoft support finally found out what was the problem.

This LookupMRU file for some reason grows more than 128K. And IE has different limitations for local and trusted zones for download file size. So this problem is now registered and I hope will be fixed in future update rollups.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:44 AM
  • I'm seeing the same error, first an error from main.js and then from LookupMruList.js, and the error is "The system cannot find the file specified." (but the file is there I've checked it!!)

The system is an upgraded (in-place) CRM 4.0-> CRM 2011 running in a Citrix environment. Have any of you upgraded or running the CRM in a similar environment?

I haven't seen this before in previous systems which have been upgraded. Tried adding the web site to both trusted and local intranet zone, but it wasn't any difference.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:54 PM
  • We run our CRM on Citrix for 200 users and after implementing a JSON2/Jquery task some of the users had this error.

I did a minify of my larger scripts but this didn't fix it. We set user settings to local intranet but no solution.

Our Tech services department compared user profiles between ok users and erroring users. There was a missing folder in the disk where the settings reside.

Our solution was for Tech Services to add the UserData folder to \Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer for each affected user. It is a system folder so your "Windows explorer" options need to be set to view this. (You should also see a 'Quick Launch' folder in this directory.)

When you log back in, it will take time (5 minutes for us) to initialize folder files and then you should be 'functioning' again.

Monday, January 16, 2012 1:31 AM
  • Hi

I am facing same issues for few users. Even i have added that crm website to local intranet for that user's ie setting but no luck. Still lookup mru problem exist. Please let me know if i am doing something wrong.

Garfield!!

• Proposed as answer by Hashimku Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:04 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Hashimku Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:04 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

I faced the same problem, then i tried with the IE In-Private Browser the problem doesn't exist.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:07 AM
  • The solution is more than likely offered here by ccalvinz with regards the UserData folder and a blog describing the solution can be found here. I have used this a few times with success.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crminthefield/archive/2012/05/11/script-error-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified-when-using-crm-2011.aspx

MS CRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Dynamics XRM Tools CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    CRM 2011 OData Query Designer
    CRM 2011 Metadata Browser
    CRM Forum Guidance

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:24 PM