Running Evaluation copy of WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I am running the 120 eval of WHS, now that I have been running it, I completely need to purchase it.  However is there some easy way to just convert the 120 day eval to a fully licensed copy?  Or do I need to buy it from some vendor and format and reinstall.  I would really like to avoid that if at all possible....the data backup off the server will be a huge colossal pain.

But I will do it if i have to.  I just thought there would be some way to make the 120 day eval legit.

Thanks
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    you will have to buy the OEM version of the software from a vendor (i.e. Amazon or Newegg or others depending from your region.)
    After that you will have to perform a server reinstall with that DVD as outlined in this FAQ.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:29 PM
  • This post in the FAQ section describes how to convert to a full licensed version of the software. It involves a reinstallation, but this is non-destructive of data.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    you will have to buy the OEM version of the software from a vendor (i.e. Amazon or Newegg or others depending from your region.)
    After that you will have to perform a server reinstall with that DVD as outlined in this FAQ.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:29 PM
  • This post in the FAQ section describes how to convert to a full licensed version of the software. It involves a reinstallation, but this is non-destructive of data.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:30 PM