How to see see Streaming activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I wonder if it 's possible too see Streaming activity from WHS servern ?

as threads, services or something...

----- S-O-K-O-B-A-N -----

Monday, February 13, 2012 10:44 AM

Answers

• This isn't exactly "streaming" activity, but you this will show you who has what files open. Go to start, and then in the "Search programs and files", type in mmc. This is the Microsoft Management Console. You can load a ton of management "snap-in's". Just go up to the file menu and then click add/remove snap-in. From the list, pick "Shared Folders". Once it's loaded, it will show you all kinds of great info on Shares, Sessions, and Open Files. I use a lot of these snap-ins for a much more detailed look than the WHS dashboard. You can save that set of snap-ins to your desktop for easy use later.

P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it.

• Marked as answer by Sokoban Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:27 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 4:06 AM

All replies

• You can get the status of media streaming from PowerShell Cmdlets.

cd c:\program files\windows server\bin 
    wsspowershell.exe get-wssmediaserverenabled

If media streaming is enabled, returned value is "True".
    If not, returned value is "False".

Monday, February 13, 2012 2:04 PM
  • Hi

I think missunderstand my question. I want to see activity in Task Manager.

How I do to see that ?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:42 PM
  • This isn't exactly "streaming" activity, but you this will show you who has what files open. Go to start, and then in the "Search programs and files", type in mmc. This is the Microsoft Management Console. You can load a ton of management "snap-in's". Just go up to the file menu and then click add/remove snap-in. From the list, pick "Shared Folders". Once it's loaded, it will show you all kinds of great info on Shares, Sessions, and Open Files. I use a lot of these snap-ins for a much more detailed look than the WHS dashboard. You can save that set of snap-ins to your desktop for easy use later.

P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it.

• Marked as answer by Sokoban Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:27 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 4:06 AM
  • Thanks for you answer.....

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:28 AM