none
My .NET (C#/CLI) application is very slow (only under Win10) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a comlex C#/CLI application which was developed with Visual Studio 2010 and Windows 7. It has several C# and c++ projects with a lot of different threads.

Now i installed Win10 (on a seperate SSD (dual boot)) and VS10 and everything compiles and starts, but seems to be slower. I spend a lot of time on debugging to find the reason, but had no luck.

The problem is that a few threads (maybe all, i don't know) are pausing for 30 or 15 ms, for no good reason. Every thread which does that stops always at the same line for always the same time(every thread on a different line (and time) of course, but if the thread runns in a loop or is started several times it is always the same line).

I commented the relevant lines, but that has no effect (the threads stops at the next line). Other applications are lower too (VS10, Firefox, ...), but i have nearly no hardware load (CPU , SSD, GPU < 10% and only 3GB RAM are used (64 GB total)).

Moreover i have the impression, that win10 always gets slower the longer i work with it. If i have just booted it is fast enough (not as fast as win7, but OK) but gets slower the longer i work.

One more thing, my app. uses openGL in a few cases. i don't know if that is relevant ( i don't think so, because GPU load is < 10% for most time).

Can somebody help me?

thanks

Ludwig

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:11 PM

All replies