Create a Plugin/plugins RRS feed

• Question

• Posted previous message to wrong forum

Hello all

This is my first attempt at creating a plugin for dynamics crm. just looking for a few pointers.

Scenario as follows:

There are 2 entities

Contact link: has contact and opportunity

Company link: has company and opportunity.

what im looking to achieve is when a contact link is created i need a plugin to check whether the contacts company is in the company link entity, if not then create that link else do nothing

hope this makes sense

Glyn

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:28 AM

All replies

• Have you thought of have one entity of customer link with three lookups contact, account and opportunity. It might make things simpler

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:11 PM
  • Hello,

I am agree with Faisal, unless you have a specific reason to create two entities.

For plugin development you can refer SDK it has sample code to learn.

The process will be write a create plugin on contact link, get contact entity from entity property bag, retrieve contact's company based on contact id and then compare company link, if not found write create message.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:28 PM
  • Another advantage of using one entity would be that you don't need a plugin. Workflow will do the job for you.

Regards Faisal

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:54 PM