User's display info not shown on Cisco phone when calling from communicator RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,
    we have OCS2007R2 mediation server deployed and Cisco ip phones managed by cisco call manager 4.1 The mediation server has SIP trunk with cisco call manager. Everything works fine both ways, i can call internal extension from communicator to ip phone and vice versa. However, when calling from communicator to cisco ip phone, i only get internal extension on the display and not the whole name. Is there a way to "make" OCS mediation server to insert SIP display info header into SIP packet? or maybe  a workaround to have SIP FROM header to include user's display name when calling from communicator to cisco ip phone?

thanks,
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Jakim,

Not the first person to ask this question in this forum and probably not the last. At present the mediation server strips the information that is required to enable caller name display both ways. But MSFT are aware of the issue and I think there should be a  fix for this in the near future. Unfortunately it will most likely require a patch to mediation and front end servers.

Cheers
    Chris 

http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Jakim,

Interesting requirement which in my opinion is a necessity for true enterprise co-existance of existing/legacy PBX infrastructure, and OCS EV.
    I work for N.E.T (ww.net.com), and we manufacture intelligent gateways that truely enable the deployment of co-existing infrastructure with software-powered voice solutions (i.e. OCS EV).
    Not to push our products too much :), but we have been able to provide customers with a clean solution (using the VX Series) to this requirement by leveraging information in Active Directory, and deliverying the information to the existing PBX/IP PBX infrastructures (via QSIG/SIP signaling, whichever is supported by the PBX/IPPBX).

Not sure where you are located, but if you're interested to learn more you can visit our website, as well as contact our regional offices.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:15 PM