SQL Server CE Version 3.5 for Mobile Devices Available RRS feed

• Question

• In my project I need to use synchronization between SQL Server 2005 as Server and SQL Server 2005 CE on a Mobile Device.  

I used synchronization Services for creating a snapshot. After this I transport this snapshot to mobile Devices. For synchronization with a mobile device I need SQL Server CE 3.5 for mobile Device. Where can I found a cab-File for installing this on a mobile device?
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:30 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, May 21, 2007 5:12 AM

Answers

• There are two technologies that are available today for devices:

1- RDA - Remote Data Access API

2- SQL Server Merge Replication

You can think of Sync Services as a replacement of RDA once it ships for devices.

Thanks

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The version of mobile devices is not out yet. It is part of the plan but will likely be released after the release of the desktop package.

Thanks!

Monday, May 21, 2007 5:25 PM
  • Hi,

So what do we use if want to sync with the database on the mobile device?

Thanx!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:16 AM
  • There are two technologies that are available today for devices:

1- RDA - Remote Data Access API

2- SQL Server Merge Replication

You can think of Sync Services as a replacement of RDA once it ships for devices.

Thanks

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:34 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing a windows application where users will always be in connected state when synchronizing the data. In that case can I use webservices and Synch Services for data sync.

Thanks
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:15 PM