How do I hide selected shares on my WHS? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I hide selected shares on my WHS?

I have lots of shares that clutter up my network.  I don't want to delete them but I want them to be hidden, or "un-shared."  Some of them are kept around by things like TwonkyMedia and a video converter which I also don't use.

How can I do this on WHS?

If I have to delete them, how do I restore them, like if I want to enable TwonkyMedia or the video converter some time in the future?

Thanks,

Kris

Monday, June 14, 2010 1:57 AM

All replies

• How do I hide selected shares on my WHS?

I have lots of shares that clutter up my network.  I don't want to delete them but I want them to be hidden, or "un-shared."  Some of them are kept around by things like TwonkyMedia and a video converter which I also don't use.

How can I do this on WHS? 

There is no way to hide/unshare the shared folders that are part of WHS (either the default shares or the user-created shares done through the Console).  If there are shares that are not part of WHS (meaning the shares do not show up in the Console at all), you can unshare those by logging into the server desktop and removing the share yourself.  However, doing that is A) unsupported (since it requires logging into the server desktop) and B) probably not a good idea because presumably the application created the share and without it, it probably won't work.

If I have to delete them, how do I restore them, like if I want to enable TwonkyMedia or the video converter some time in the future?

Thanks,

Kris

Monday, June 14, 2010 2:52 AM