Streets & Trips 2013 File Type "Problem" RRS feed

• Question

• Subject: Streets and Trips 2013 File Type "Problem"

Using "S&T 2013" under Windows 7, I have saved several "trips" (ESTs). 

Generally, displaying the folder using Windows Explorer, the "Type" for each file is shown as: "Microsoft Streets and Trips map".  A 'click' on any of them will execute "S&T 2013" and display its map.

HOWEVER!! Occasionally, when I display the folder using Windows Explorer, the "Type" for each file is shown as "Automap.Map.NA.19"!! Clicking on a file results in an error message regarding 'file type' and will NOT execute "S&T 2013".

I do have and suspect that one or both of the two "programs" that I use to do system "cleanup" and monitor the System Registry - "Norton 360" and/or Iolo's "System Mechanic" - may be the "culprit" if your "file type" information is stored there.

IF SO, is there something that can be done on your part, such as working with them, to resolve this "problem"??  OR, If the "problem" can be resolved by a change in you program and a subsequent "update", I would appreciate that, too.

Please respond via email, as I do not always have access here to see any replies.

Thank you,

Terry Mueller

TDM_Biz@att.net

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:46 PM