" only items in the default microsoft outlook store can be promoted to microsoft dynamics crm. Item=XXX " RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody...

I have configured 2 mail boxes in my outlook and already installed crm for outlook.

I am unable to track the emails by the Second mail box in crm.

When i am trying to track the second mail box ,the following message window is prompting:

" only items in the default microsoft outlook store can be promoted to microsoft dynamics crm. Item=XXX "

How can i resolve this problem???

Please help me out

Monday, June 17, 2013 1:03 PM

Answers

• This is the expected result when you have 2 mailboxes. With CRM 2011 only items from the primary mailbox can be tracked. The easiest option would be to forward the item to the primary account and then track.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, June 17, 2013 1:27 PM

All replies

• This is the expected result when you have 2 mailboxes. With CRM 2011 only items from the primary mailbox can be tracked. The easiest option would be to forward the item to the primary account and then track.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, June 17, 2013 1:27 PM
  • Jason,

We are getting this same error after we upgraded to CRM 2015. In our case we get this popup when users open OUTLOOK and they have ARCHIVE Outlook data file attached to the Outlook. The users have to click the 'OK' button ~ 50 times before the popup will disappear. The tracking just works fine to the default mailbox after the popup is gone. They don't get this popup if ARCHIVE data file is not in the outlook.

Is there a fix for this because this never happened in our earlier version CRM 2011.

Thanks !

• Edited by sqldba20 Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:19 PM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:10 PM