none
Wsus Script RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I've checked the microsoft page but couldn't find the patch installation script.

I need the script which install the patches (get the patches from WSUS not to get via internet) and reboot the server with the time frame (Having WSUS server in an environment. Patches sync with the help of GPMC).

Thanks in advance,

R.R.Prabuyuvaraj 

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:14 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:14 PM This is not "scripts on demand"
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:36 AM

All replies

• Please review the following;  This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests

You can look in the Gallery for pre-written scripts that might solve your issue: http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:04 AM
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 2:49 PM
  • Hi,

Already, I've referred the mentioned URL but nothing is resolving my query.

It would be better, If you help me to get the exact script.

Thanks in advance,

R.R.Prabuyuvaraj

Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:02 AM
  • Sorry, but this isn't the place to post what script you want and ask others to write it for you.

Please read the following:

This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:56 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry, I didn't request others to write the script rather than request for the URL and any other third party tool (freeware).

Thanks in advance,

R.R.Prabuyuvaraj

Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:51 PM
  • There is no script or tool that does what you ask.  Post in WSUS forum for assistance with using WSUS. 

You can also use the WSUS CmdLets to manage WSUS.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/powershell/windows/wsus/wsus

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:59 PM
  • Just wanted to add a quick note here - I just went through all of this a few months ago - I am not the greatest with Powershell but I can manage my way around.

WSUS Scripting down to the client is very limited, at best.  There is ways to do with VB, etc, but nothing really native in Powershell.

Due to the architecture of my systems and quantity, we ended up purchasing SolarWinds PatchManager which uses a set of WMI commandlets from EminantWare.  Unfortunately with the SW product, I still cant script the automation of updates on the client, but it does enable me to schedule tasks, groupings, etc and I have essentially a "patch now" button with some nice reporting.

Hope that helps.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:49 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing the information. Let me try.

Thanks in advance, R.R.Prabuyuvaraj

Monday, August 14, 2017 8:30 AM
  • Hi Justin,

Thanks for your response,

Let me try searching the solution.

Thanks in advance, R.R.Prabuyuvaraj

Monday, August 14, 2017 8:33 AM