Translation API - Unable to handle url encoding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on IOS app that relies on MS translation api. I am successfully able to get the token and the translation seems to be working most of the times but when the text to be translated has <enter> / new line (\n), the translated text from the api is not accurate.

Here is the query url(notice enter / newline has been replaced with %0A before hitting the api)

https://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Ajax.svc/Translate?&text=1%0A2%0A3%0A4%0A5%0A%0A%0A&from=en&to=en

However, the result from the api is:

"1 2 3 4 5\u000a\u000a\u000a"

(notice that the %0A between 1 and 2 are replaced by spaces and the %0A in the end has been replaced by \u000a.

What am I doing wrong? I have been struggling on this issue for so long now.

Sunday, June 5, 2016 7:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Just to confirm I would like to understand how your query is related to azure stack.
    Azure is Microsoft's public cloud offering and Azure Stack is Microsoft's hybrid cloud solution, which as of now is in Technical preview 1.
    If you can confirm that this query is not related to azure stack, we would move it to a more appropriate Forum for better support.

Regards,
    Malar.

Monday, June 6, 2016 6:22 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. Yes, the query is not related to Azure cloud. I have question regarding the translation api. Would appreciate if you could move it to correct forum as I find the category and subcategory for the forum to be confusing and not able to easily navigate / identify.

Your help will be sincerely appreciated.

Monday, June 6, 2016 5:45 PM
  • Hi,

We are unable to move it to the Machine Translation and Language Tools forums.
    Would you be able to use the following link to post your query there?
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=translation

We would close this query as answered.
    If you have any queries about azure or azure stack, please feel free to contact us, we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards,
    Malar.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:29 AM
  • The reason I have posted in wrong category is, it is so difficult to navigate / select the right forum while posting a question.

I even tried the link but I don't see the Microsoft Translation as Forum Category, this is what I did:

1. Clicked on the link shared by you.

2. Clicked on Ask A Question.

3. It asks me to select the forum / category but I don't see translation as a category.

Either your portal is broken, or it is not intuitive or may be I am too dumb! Net Net,  a simple query remains unanswered. This is so sad! Hope some one is there is help me out...

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:11 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Wednesday, June 8, 2016 12:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, June 14, 2016 5:24 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 12:20 PM
  • Ohh,,, such a bad support for developer.. even that protal doesnn't have an option to ask question. What has happened to MS. Such a sorry state...

It is such a pain to post a simple query on ur platform.. shame.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 3:37 PM
  • If you click around, you'll find this:

https://microsofttranslator.uservoice.com/

• Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, June 14, 2016 5:24 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 3:40 PM