Where do I click RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed windows and all of my programs, but when I went to register, the registration window pops up, but there's nothing on it, there is no where to click....why would this happen? Is ther another way to activate windows?
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 9:47 PM

Answers

• Atacar,

If you have IE7 installed, then this symptom has been reported before as an indicator that IE7 was not properly installed.  The Activation Wizard runs on IE.

Uninstall IE7, do the activation with IE6, then reinstall IE7.  This time, upon completion of IE7 installation, restart the computer immediately without opening any other programs or doing anything else.

If you do not have IE7, then this does not apply to you and it will be necessary for you to submit a support request to either MS if a retail product or your computer manufacturer if the computer came preinstalled with XP.

Monday, March 5, 2007 3:21 PM

All replies

• If you cannot successfully activate via the internet, then choose the alternative option to "activate by phone". 

The Activation Wizard displays the toll free number that you can dial.

You can open the Windows Product Activation wizard by clicking Start, then Run, and type in "oobe/msoobe /a", then press the Enter key located on your keyboard.

How to activate Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890/en-us

Sunday, March 4, 2007 11:02 PM
  • Okay, maybe I didn't explain properly. When I normally activate windows xp, I click on the activate windows button and a window pops up that gives me I think three choices "activate over the internet," "activate by phone," and "activate later." I can bring up that window, it has a pair of keys as the background, but there are no choices.....It doesn't ask me how I want to activate, there's nothing to click.  There are no words on the window except for the title.

I have tried to bring up the window using the RUN function, it pops up the same way....nothing to click.

Monday, March 5, 2007 4:55 AM
  • Atacar,

If you have IE7 installed, then this symptom has been reported before as an indicator that IE7 was not properly installed.  The Activation Wizard runs on IE.

Uninstall IE7, do the activation with IE6, then reinstall IE7.  This time, upon completion of IE7 installation, restart the computer immediately without opening any other programs or doing anything else.

If you do not have IE7, then this does not apply to you and it will be necessary for you to submit a support request to either MS if a retail product or your computer manufacturer if the computer came preinstalled with XP.

Monday, March 5, 2007 3:21 PM