none
Error Datazen - restore on a different server

Question

• Hello! 

When i try to restore a backup to a different server, an error regarding the master key of RavenDB is shown. 

I am following the step by step documentation.

1. If the Core Service (datazen) is currently running, open a command prompt (as Administrator) and issue the command: net stop datazen. Wait for the service to stop.

2. Navigate to the Core Service folder ([installation folder]\service): cd c:\ProgramFiles\DatazenEnterprise Server\service

3. If the Core Service data folder ([installationfolder]\service\Data) exists, delete it: rmdir /S /Q Data

4. Create the Core Service data folder: mkdir Data

5. If this is not the original Core Service machine that the backup was created on, ensure that the Datazen.Server.Service.config file contains the correct instanceid and db_encryption_key settings from the original Core Service instance. See Advanced Installation Scenarios for more information.

6. Issue the restore command: Raven.Server.exe -restore -src [pathtobackup] -dest Data and wait for the message Esent Restore: Restore Complete

7. If this is not the original Core Service machine that the backup was created on, performad e fragmentation operation by issuing the command: esentutl /d Data\Data. Wait for the operation to complete.

8. Make sure the Core Service is correctly restored by issuing the command: Datazen.Server.Service /console /shutdown. The service should start and then stop successfully.

9. Start the Core Service: net start datazen

Could someone help me?

Thank you.

Att. Arthur Light

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:58 AM

Answers

All replies