CRM dynamics online. Sending email via workflow from marketing list RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello everyone,

Fairly new to crm online and looking for information about wether its possible to send email to a marketing list with a workflow?

We have a list of 6,000 emails and are wanting to send out roughly 250 twice a week via workflow if possible. The email promotion is a image that will be attached. I've read on some site while researching that can't use attachment on certain function when emailing. Found a lot of information for previous version of CRM. Not sure if they apply here. Can someone elaborate on this more for me please?

Can i send attachment via workflow email process?

Thanks for your time.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 7:19 PM

All replies

• Lets break it into two parts.

1 . Create an email with an attachment. Store it as a template.

2 . Send this email to a marketing list.

For the first one, Yes, you can do it. In cRM 2011, you can add attachments to email templates. You can use this template in workflow too.

For the second one, the direct way to do it is to have a campaign activity and distribute it as an email channel with the above created template.

I dont quite understand the workflow involvement though. Did you imple to say there are 6000 recipients to who you wish to send out emails? Or do you have X recipients and you want to send 250 emails to those X recipients in the first half of a week and another 250 emails in the second half?

Could you clarify the above requirement please?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:51 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

To answer your question. We have 6000 recipients total. We are wanting to send out roughly 250 on Tuesday, then send another 250 on Friday. Continue to do this until we are through all 6000 of them.

Workflow involement was to automate the sending of the email to the list. (My understanding of what workflow was for) From what you typed it appears email channel will send it out for me once i tell it to?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:45 AM
  • Achieving this through Campaign activity will require a manual interveintion. Lets say that you created 24 marketing lists with 250 distinct recipients each. On Tuesday1 you will send to marketing list 1. On friday1 you will send it to marketing list 2. On tuesday2 you will send it to marketing list 3 and so on.
    What I mean by "you will send it to" here is as simple as clicking on Distribute Campaign activity, choosing a template, selecting the sender and clicking Send. Thats it.

I am not sure if you can get a dynamics set of 250 users to who the email was not already sent and then automate this whole process via a workflow.

So, Quick Campaign or Campaign Activity should do the job for you here.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Ok, I followed what you posted and was able to get it to work. Looking at email created. send status is Pending. I click to open the email it sent to that person they all say "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery.

How do i submit it for delivery???

Friday, May 20, 2011 5:00 PM
  • You should either configure Email Router or Outlook for the Sender in the emails so that the Pending Send emails can be picked up by one of these two clients for submitting it to the concerned mail server.
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:13 AM
  • I have a marketing list that i'd like to create a workflow (or dialogue) to automate the process of creating & sending a quick campaign.

How is this best achieved?

Friday, January 25, 2013 2:35 AM