File could not be loaded by the XML parser RRS feed

• Question

•  
    When I launch course number "5231" - Fundamentals of Microsoft Windows Imaging Format and ImageX, I get the following error -  "The following File Could not be loaded by the xml parser: viewer/LMS/LMSDATAMODEL.xml.  No data is available for the requested respurce. 
    Monday, September 1, 2008 6:47 PM

All replies

• Hi There-

My team does not support the offline player.  Please contact me at learnmgr@microsoft.com so I can put you in touch with the team that supports this technology.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, September 1, 2008 6:48 PM
  • Alisha, I sent you an email on September 10 and have yet to hear back... any ideas?/

Any course I try to use I get the following:
    The following File Could not be loaded by the xml parser: viewer/LMS/LMSDATAMODEL.xml.  No data is available for the requested respurce. 

We'd like to offer these course to our folks on campus, but are unable to do so. We are part of a MS Campus Agreement and these courses are offered as part of the Software Assurance.

HELP, PLEASE!!!!!
    Monday, September 22, 2008 3:28 PM
  • Alisha, I sent you an email on September 10 and have yet to hear back... any ideas?/

Any course I try to use I get the following:
    The following File Could not be loaded by the xml parser: viewer/LMS/LMSDATAMODEL.xml.  No data is available for the requested respurce. 

We'd like to offer these course to our folks on campus, but are unable to do so. We are part of a MS Campus Agreement and these courses are offered as part of the Software Assurance.

HELP, PLEASE!!!!!
    Monday, September 22, 2008 3:28 PM
  • Hello, Elias94

What you are having is a xml extension problem. That happens when you do not have the correct resource installed on your system.

As like the error said (Duhh on my part)

All you need to do is to install the Feature of xml extensions in your Windows Addons

First-
    Go to your Control panel

Second--
    Select the Programs Icon > then click on Programs and features

>in Classic View     Programs and Features

Third---
    Your installed programs will be listed in the loaded window
     On the Right Column click on "Turn Windows features on or off"

Fourth----
    A small window should pop-up  with a list of available installations Features for Vista
      in Server 2008 > it will take you to your Server Manager.. Scroll down to the "Features Summary" Click on Add Features

Fifth-----
    For your XML exchange you might need to only Install ".Net Framework 3.0"
    click next twice an make sure you do not install anything you do not need ..

If you are Running Server 2008 you might have a lot more extra add-ons available..

!Caution!
     if you install something you do not need.. you might have to restart your xml module from scratch
    because you would have set the priority of rendering formats to a different application format 
    to  Windows Server's, and basically make more compatibility complications..
    So make sure you only install the missing resources and not a whole new sever interface!
    • Edited by Shadow-Copy Friday, October 3, 2008 12:42 AM
    Friday, October 3, 2008 12:40 AM