Business Closures by region? RRS feed

• Question

• So I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to implement CRM Business Closures in a multi-region/BU environment. I am looking to be able to set up multiple different business closure schedules on a per-region basis.

Currently, the default Business Closure setup in CRM is global to the deployment, so using it would require rolling multiple CRM instances for each region with different business closure rules.

Has anyone else had to implement different business closure rules in CRM before?  I'd love to hear how others have solved this problem.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Where I've needed this before, I've used individual resource calendars to specify business closures.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:10 AM
    Answerer
  • That's exactly what I was considering, so it's great to have some validation. Thanks!

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:42 PM
  • We used Dynamics CRM as platform for building an in-store event management system for retailers (think of those people who hand out free samples in your local supermarket). We managed store closures using simple custom records, imaginatively called Store Closures, associated with each store. Each store closure record had a start and end date and a reason. They were usually prepared in a spreadsheet and imported into CRM. Then our custom event scheduling logic checked whether a store was closed when attempting to schedule a demo event.

I've found that the standard business closure functionality is fancy, but very limited and not at all extensible.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:45 PM