Totally disgusted with support RRS feed

• Question

•  

Since Nov i have had problems with the updating, uninstall reinstall, call help, check help forums etc etc, case is still open, was to have a callback in 2 days, its 3 days, i just called and was told asap or tommorrow, do the techs work 24/7, not everyone works daylight hours. so now i am still  waiting for a 2nd level tech to call.

I don't care if the product costs 50.00, if you can't support it, don't sell it, i went with one care because it was a microsoft product, and all of my problems starting happening after there was some kind of update.

Then you go to chat and they can't help you anyway, so you are stuck in limbo.

so what microsoft is saying is that because its a 50.00 product you get what you pay for, thats the message i get from your post.

50.00 X alot of suscribers is alot of money, if you cannot support your product do what you have to do to get more support tech's raise it to 75.00,  we just want our service to work, its supposed to me one care, auto updates etc. we are not getting that.

I am very frustrated and I am not taking it out on you, this needs to be addressed, is my computer protected in this red zone?

Someone there needs to address this situation, there are too many unhappy customers.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:42 PM

Answers

• Problem was could not get updates in one care for over a month.

Finally got a call for ms one care Percival who helped me, the case was #1054416332, and what file was screwed up from looking at what was downloaded to my desktop was msicuu2.exe and msxml.msl, we had prev done the cleanup utility and reinstalled, then it  still would not update, then he did some more testing and  found these files were damaged.  So i thank Percival for his help, as i mentioned in a post elsewhere i could not download the ebay toolbar, and what he found was something was unchecked in IE7 which prev the one care or xp support had unchecked while testing one of my calls regarding this problem. So Steve perhaps on any toolbar download problems you could tell the others what box needs to be checked, i think this is why i could not download it, or download the bearflix movie site i could not get working, of course maybe the files that were damaged with the one care problems could have caused this too.

I had previously tried and tried looking at the one care help sites and doing what was mentioned, nothing helped even after reinstalling the program, so the files must have been corrupted even after i uninstalled and reinstalled. So Percival did  get it working and it did take alot of time over an hour, I'm not complaining about the time it took to get it working but as was mentioned the expense of the techs etc. and my time

The case is now closed, and I pray it does not happen again

Perhaps now ms can do an update to fix those files.

thanks

Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:21 PM

All replies

• I totally agree... My problems started in Nov as well.  I have the samething going on but I can't use the help menu.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:04 AM
  • Post you case numbers here and I'll have someone investigate their status.

What are the problems that you are dealing with?

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:03 AM
  • Problem was could not get updates in one care for over a month.

Finally got a call for ms one care Percival who helped me, the case was #1054416332, and what file was screwed up from looking at what was downloaded to my desktop was msicuu2.exe and msxml.msl, we had prev done the cleanup utility and reinstalled, then it  still would not update, then he did some more testing and  found these files were damaged.  So i thank Percival for his help, as i mentioned in a post elsewhere i could not download the ebay toolbar, and what he found was something was unchecked in IE7 which prev the one care or xp support had unchecked while testing one of my calls regarding this problem. So Steve perhaps on any toolbar download problems you could tell the others what box needs to be checked, i think this is why i could not download it, or download the bearflix movie site i could not get working, of course maybe the files that were damaged with the one care problems could have caused this too.

I had previously tried and tried looking at the one care help sites and doing what was mentioned, nothing helped even after reinstalling the program, so the files must have been corrupted even after i uninstalled and reinstalled. So Percival did  get it working and it did take alot of time over an hour, I'm not complaining about the time it took to get it working but as was mentioned the expense of the techs etc. and my time

The case is now closed, and I pray it does not happen again

Perhaps now ms can do an update to fix those files.

thanks

Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:21 PM
  • I wholey Agree, I noticed problems in November as well. Not just with One Care ,  But with ALL Windows Live stuff. Such as Messenger And Hotmail.  I've really had my trouble in One Care Back ups, WoW I don't know What they are doing, But I'm thinking I'm not going to renew. I've had One Care From Beta, And Loved it Till Recently.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:36 PM
  • Steve also when i called one care previously a tech had me add another computer to one care even tho i have only 1 computer, and i think that is why i was getting messages that i was signing on to another computer. and that i could not understand.

your tech Percival told me to change my password that perhaps someone had got it, but i doubted that because i am the only user, i did change my passwords at msn and another site..

when i sign on to the computer i first sign on to live messenger, then open IE7, then while working i would get a little popup that i was signed out of net messenger because i was at another computer or it did not like live messenger and net messenger running at the same time, i don't know how net messenger is there. As Perciva had told me i did not need windows  live messenger to get into IE7, but i had been told my ms that the messenger does other things, (I do not do chat's etc. only 1 person on occasion who is family and the only one on allowed list, i do not use the live messenger any more. perhaps you can explain the live messenger and the net messenger, i assumed net messenger had to do with a network, but is net messenger used for this site.

I know you get upset if other things are mentioned in a post regarding one topic, but all this was happening while i had my one care problems, perhaps you can move this to a forum it pertains to I don't think other users know what is going on also.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 7:15 PM
  • I'm glad that support was able to help you. .Net Messenger should have been put aside by Windows Live Messenger when it was installed. .Net Messenger is the old Windows Messenger client.

See this KB for how to stop Windows Messenger from starting - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/Q302089

-steve

Monday, January 21, 2008 2:32 AM