none
Mouse pointer goes invisible in all input text area RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My mouse pointer goes invisible in all input textareas whenever i place my mouse pointer. i am using windows vista. Can any one please give me solution?

Friday, May 10, 2013 10:12 AM

Answers

• My mouse pointer goes invisible in all input textareas whenever i place my mouse pointer. i am using windows vista.

That is a feature which you can disable.   Alternatively, there is another accessibility feature (known as "mouse sonar") which could let you find your pointer by pressing a Ctrl- key.   Does the pointer show up then or when you move your mouse?   I don't know where the timeout values would be found if you wanted to keep the feature but not let it turn off so quickly.   In fact, now, in this forum's Input frame it isn't going away at all for me.  YMMV.

FWIW I don't use Vista but on W8 (which I'm using now) and I think in W7 in Pointer Options Visibility I have all three checked:   Display pointer trails (Longest)  Hide pointer while typing and Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key.   So, as I indicated, if anything I would say in here the second, Hide pointer... is not working for me.   I was seeing an I bar pointer.  But I just moved it and then it disappeared!  Maybe that is because I have Mouse Properties up it knows I'm checking on it?   Oh, I think I get it.  The closer I move the pointer to the text cursor the faster it disappears.  Makes sense I guess, especially when the two are concurrent.  It would be distracting.   So, try moving your pointer away from your text cursor?   ICIM I also use a Magnified pointer scheme.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, May 10, 2013 2:39 PM
  • In addition to the workarounds given, this is a known issue that's bugged.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, May 24, 2013 11:24 PM
    Owner

All replies

• I assume you have this problem when you ask a question in a forum. This sounds like a problem I (and others) had months ago. My workaround was to click on the "question" or "discussion" icon, then tab a few times until the pointer showed up in the text area. Otherwise, you can click somewhere else and tab many times until the pointer gets in the right place. I thought this was fixed, but maybe it came back.

Or, if the problem for you is different, try restarting your browser, and if that doesn't work, restart the computer.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, May 10, 2013 12:02 PM
  • My mouse pointer goes invisible in all input textareas whenever i place my mouse pointer. i am using windows vista.

That is a feature which you can disable.   Alternatively, there is another accessibility feature (known as "mouse sonar") which could let you find your pointer by pressing a Ctrl- key.   Does the pointer show up then or when you move your mouse?   I don't know where the timeout values would be found if you wanted to keep the feature but not let it turn off so quickly.   In fact, now, in this forum's Input frame it isn't going away at all for me.  YMMV.

FWIW I don't use Vista but on W8 (which I'm using now) and I think in W7 in Pointer Options Visibility I have all three checked:   Display pointer trails (Longest)  Hide pointer while typing and Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key.   So, as I indicated, if anything I would say in here the second, Hide pointer... is not working for me.   I was seeing an I bar pointer.  But I just moved it and then it disappeared!  Maybe that is because I have Mouse Properties up it knows I'm checking on it?   Oh, I think I get it.  The closer I move the pointer to the text cursor the faster it disappears.  Makes sense I guess, especially when the two are concurrent.  It would be distracting.   So, try moving your pointer away from your text cursor?   ICIM I also use a Magnified pointer scheme.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, May 10, 2013 2:39 PM
  • In addition to the workarounds given, this is a known issue that's bugged.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, May 24, 2013 11:24 PM
    Owner