Search for regarding object in activity RRS feed

• Question

• When creating an activity and searching for a regarding object, the search always offers the search within accounts and I have to change it manually to contacts, because this is my preferred regarding object. Can I customize this search to offer contacts as initial entity to search?

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• that list is alphabetical, maybe ask in the developer forum if there is a behind the scenes code manipulation that can help? (short of renaming all items on the list)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:46 AM
  • My problem is not the sort order but the initial selection. In german the accounts are called "Firma". That ist not the first entry in the list of available entities which are sorted alphabetically. I need the contacts as the inital selection.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:24 AM
  •  

are they alpha by their English name?  Can you give me a screen capture of what you see?
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:01 AM
  • My request doesn't depend on the language. Wether english or german: The question is, can I configure the search to offer an initial entity of my choice.

To reproduce the steps: Go to activities in workplace, click "New", select "Task", click on search for "Regarding" and the search window offers the search within accounts. Here I want contacts as the initial entity.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:22 AM
  • Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:40 AM