Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage RRS feed

• General discussion

• I hope someone out there can help.  everytime i go to microsoft updates, windows live hotmail, msn messenger i get this page and when i run the diagnostic, it tells me m internet connection is fine.  i have checked my firewall and all microsoft products are on the exemption list.  i don't know what else to do.  i tried to uninstall everything but still got this message when i tried to go to update to download it again ti re-install it and then i had to go to system restore to get it back.  i tried to find and online support on here but i can't find any help.  is there an online support chat for helping people???  i'm really getting frustrated.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:55 AM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:56 AM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi sadiegirl,

Are you actually running MS Security Essentials? What you are describing sounds like more of a firewall issue than anything else.
    Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe MSSE does any firewalling of websites at all.

If this is the Windows firewall, I have found occasionally a restart of the firewall does the trick.
    (disconnect your network cable then disable the firewall completely. Re-enable it and reconnect your cable and try again.)

By the way, I have never found a need to manually put any MS products in the Exceptions.
    VP Tech Services
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:01 AM