Audit History and permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a problem that prevents some users to see the audit history, basically in the audit history there is the logging of some changes made by an admin on some secured fields that the user can't see, this prevents the user to see the entire audit history. Is there a way to make the audit history available to the user by filtering the view and preventing the user to see the secured field?

• Edited by Draiden Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:42 AM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You could not restrict the read privilege on the audit history based on the users, except than to stop the auditing on the fields that you think have security issues. In the field settings just disable the auditing.

My Weblog | My Website

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:42 AM
  • I want to prevent the "admin" user to do as he wants, so the audit has to be active on those fields too. I just wanted confirm that there is no way around it. Thank you
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:47 AM
  • Hi,

You can restrict the view audit history on the security roles. For particular field you can go with field security profile.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya. My Blog: http://inventcrm.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:10 AM
    Answerer
  • Sorry for the late reply, I thought there was no way to filter the audit History.

What I mean is that a user have access to Audit History (like you suggest and was already implemented), receives an error during visualization because a field that has security enabled (and the user has no access to it by design) is modified. So if the entity is edited normally nothing happens and the history works correctly, but as soon as the admin edit this specific field, the modification is going inside the Audit History itself, and the user is preventing to read the entire Audit History since the user doesn't have access to that specific field, and it's not allowed to see the value that has been changed by the admin. My question was to filter the Audit History and allow the user to see just the portion of the history that he is allowed to view.

Monday, July 22, 2013 5:39 AM