re deployment user mapping file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 
    I am trying to move  databases from one organization to another in the same domain ( diffrerenet servers).
    I got to the stage of the user mapping in the redployment tool., and I can't do it automatically, it shows

an error and asks for a user mapping file.

In Microsoft Dynamics CRM Operating and Maintaining Guide, page 7

there is a description of user mapping file.

I have to create a user mapping file.

The desired  implementation has several users from the old one plus several new users that are not exist in the old organization.

How do I define in the user mapping file a user name@organization exists in the new organization and in the old one. What is the alias used to describe a user? For the user that does not exist in the old organization should I put " " , leave it blank… ?

I would appreciate a short  example.

• Edited by crmozban Saturday, August 1, 2009 9:01 AM addition
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 8:52 AM

Answers

• hi,

Dont specify the new users which doesnt exist in the old installation in the user mapping, but rather after the import of the organization create these ad account as systemusers

regards
    Matthias
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 4:06 PM

All replies

• hi,

Dont specify the new users which doesnt exist in the old installation in the user mapping, but rather after the import of the organization create these ad account as systemusers

regards
    Matthias
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 4:06 PM

• You can just ignore that error message and continue.Normally this error comes when there are few users added in the CRM Appplicaiton but doesnt exist in the AD.

Your application will not add those users who doesnt exist in AD. Which is also good.

Ignore that error message and continue importing,you should be able to do it successful.

You get this error only when you go for Automapping of users,else you can also go for maual mapping of users and map those users which you want in you applicaiton.

Both you there should not be any problem.

Arif
    Mohammed Arif
    Monday, August 3, 2009 9:50 PM