Active Directory Integration CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I've got about 40 users on CRM 4.0 using a remote Active Directory running over a Cisco VPN. (Old system)

The same 40 people have office 365 licenses and use sharepoint (new system).

How can I connect up old system and new system? Doesn't sharepoint have an active directory integrated? Can I get my CRM to work with the sharepoint active directory? I would love to be able to offer them a single sign on!

Thanks in advance

Lucie

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:32 PM

All replies

• To reply to my own question:

Microsoft are not interested in hosting my CRM and integrating it into Sharepoint/Office365 but their hotline told me to contact a hosting provider.The hosting provider suggests synchronising my active directory running over the cisco vpn with office 365 using windows azure active directory. They would thus have a single sign-on and I would only have to create 1 user account.

I don't like this solution at all. I have users all over Europe and I am running a VPN for them just so that they can have access to a database that is entirely online. It is a Dynamics CRM 4.0 online. Internet-based. We have no company network. What is the point of moving to the cloud if I still authenticate users through active directory /VPN.

When I protest to my wannabe hosting providers I am told that they consider authentification through VPN as more secure than running the CRM on a https server. When I say that all our sharepoint files are out there in the Internet on a https server they say, "Yeah but Microsoft have got all sorts of security features in place that we couldn't provide".

Fellow forum users what are your experiences. How do you manage identity in your CRMs? Has anyone actually said goodbye to active directory and the comany network and moved entirely into the cloud? And is there any way of synchronising identity between CRM and office365 without an on-premises or virtual Active Directory.

Thanks in advance for any input. 

Friday, September 13, 2013 8:47 AM