Forum feedback RRS feed

• Question

• As it sits right now the current forum design is below average. All the new "features" are no doubtedly slowing the site down. The main concern I have is that I see the upgrade as a downgrade and the previous version was a lot more stable and usable. I can easily list the following problems:

- Extremely slow (navigation, response times, etc). Main reason I considered seeking help else where.
    - Cluttered. Too much information and icons/images displayed makes it difficult to navigate.
    - Point system is a mess and the layout is bad. Take a look at the forum at asp.net for a good example of how the point system should look.
    - Icons should make sense without waiting for a tool tip. Most of the new icons don't make visual sense until I hover to receive a tool tip.
    - Drop down post details for the OP is redundant and not needed. Why would showing the post details for the OP help in any way? The only reason I can think of it being any use is for moderators not having to enter a thread.
    - All post actions should be contained in one area. IE: The action bar outside of a post is redundant in my opinion.
    - Also where is the post count.

hi
    • Edited by pak1234 Monday, March 16, 2009 8:42 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 4:12 PM

All replies

• I definitely subscribe to your comments ....
    dni
    Monday, March 16, 2009 5:27 PM