Someone in microsoft respond Please RRS feed

• Question

• the validation shows my issue of office belongs to a large corp. I use to work for this company and when I left I was able to take the computer with me b/c they bought new ones. My copy is genuine. will someone  in your company please discuss this w/ me?  I don't know what I should do to be in compliance w/ your rules. below is a copy of the validation report you asked me to do.  Thanks for your quick response.  Diagnostic Report (1.9.0019.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0

Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-K9H2W-HPF42-FR62B
    Windows Product Key Hash: zaL6KpMov0HeC+VIn6eRERbAQtw=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-OEM-2245035-36844
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {EE61E27D-488E-4DE4-9287-0B65A5977987}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-604-645_025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{EE61E27D-488E-4DE4-9287-0B65A5977987}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0019.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-FR62B</PKey><PID>55274-OEM-2245035-36844</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-854245398-1220945662-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>NVIDIA</Manufacturer><Model>AWRDACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>F5</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20030923000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>88363C0F0184AE7F</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57551</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="44" Version="11" Result="114"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 141D0:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP|141D0:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP|141D0:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 1:04 AM

Answers

• Hello 4595,

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report:

OGA Data-->

Right now your computer has a Volume Licensing installation of Office 2003 Professional installed, and this installation was done with a widely-pirated and now-blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK).  Microsoft blocks VLKs when the rightful keyholder reports that the key has been lost, stolen, compromised, or when the associated Volume Licensing Agreement is no longer in effect, or if otherwise misappropriated for software piracy reasons.

Let's put aside the nongenuine issue for a moment and discuss whether your company was permitted to give you the Microsoft software that was on the computer.  Transfer of Microsoft licensed software from its original licensee to a new licensee is authorized by the End User Licensing Agreement for retail licensed and OEM licensed software, but Volume Licensing Agreements do not permit the transfer of the software to a new licensee.  So your company was allowed to give you their license for the Windows operating system because it is an OEM licensed installation of Windows, but they were not permitted to give you a Volume Licensing copy of Office because the Licensing terms do not allow it.  Even if the copy of Office on this computer was a genuine Volume Licensing copy, the company did not have the authority to give it to you.

Now let's get back to the nongenuine situation.  The installation of Office on this computer was installed using a widely pirated Volume Licensing product key.  How this came to be installed on the computer could have been either a deliberate use of nongenuine software, or it could have been done inadvertently, possibly by poorly trained tech support staff at the company, or by some other person in an attempt to repair or reinstall an already existing installation of Office.  Regardless of how it came to be on the computer, the correct course of action, since this is nongenuine software, is to remove it from the computer.

If you want to continue to use Microsoft Office, you can purchase a genuine copy of Office from your favorite local retailer, or you may wish to read about the Office Genuine Offer from Microsoft, in which Microsoft sells discounted copies of Office directly to those who find themselves with nongenuine Office software installed on their computers.  Details of the Office Genuine Offer can be read in the FAQ:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC

One other possibility (but remote given the description of the situation you provided) is that at one time your computer did have a Genuine installation of Office installed, but for some reason it was replaced with the current installation which is nongenuine.  This could have happened if you took your computer to a repair shop and they reinstalled Windows and/or some or all of your programs.  You Get Genuine once again by uninstalling the current nongenuine installation of Office and using your Genuine Microsoft hologrammed Office installation CDs, along with the genuine Product Key found on your Office Edition's Certificate of Authenticity, to put back the genuine installation of Office you may have already had on the computer.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, February 12, 2010 11:13 PM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:37 AM

All replies

• Hello 4595,

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report:

OGA Data-->

Right now your computer has a Volume Licensing installation of Office 2003 Professional installed, and this installation was done with a widely-pirated and now-blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK).  Microsoft blocks VLKs when the rightful keyholder reports that the key has been lost, stolen, compromised, or when the associated Volume Licensing Agreement is no longer in effect, or if otherwise misappropriated for software piracy reasons.

Let's put aside the nongenuine issue for a moment and discuss whether your company was permitted to give you the Microsoft software that was on the computer.  Transfer of Microsoft licensed software from its original licensee to a new licensee is authorized by the End User Licensing Agreement for retail licensed and OEM licensed software, but Volume Licensing Agreements do not permit the transfer of the software to a new licensee.  So your company was allowed to give you their license for the Windows operating system because it is an OEM licensed installation of Windows, but they were not permitted to give you a Volume Licensing copy of Office because the Licensing terms do not allow it.  Even if the copy of Office on this computer was a genuine Volume Licensing copy, the company did not have the authority to give it to you.

Now let's get back to the nongenuine situation.  The installation of Office on this computer was installed using a widely pirated Volume Licensing product key.  How this came to be installed on the computer could have been either a deliberate use of nongenuine software, or it could have been done inadvertently, possibly by poorly trained tech support staff at the company, or by some other person in an attempt to repair or reinstall an already existing installation of Office.  Regardless of how it came to be on the computer, the correct course of action, since this is nongenuine software, is to remove it from the computer.

If you want to continue to use Microsoft Office, you can purchase a genuine copy of Office from your favorite local retailer, or you may wish to read about the Office Genuine Offer from Microsoft, in which Microsoft sells discounted copies of Office directly to those who find themselves with nongenuine Office software installed on their computers.  Details of the Office Genuine Offer can be read in the FAQ:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC

One other possibility (but remote given the description of the situation you provided) is that at one time your computer did have a Genuine installation of Office installed, but for some reason it was replaced with the current installation which is nongenuine.  This could have happened if you took your computer to a repair shop and they reinstalled Windows and/or some or all of your programs.  You Get Genuine once again by uninstalling the current nongenuine installation of Office and using your Genuine Microsoft hologrammed Office installation CDs, along with the genuine Product Key found on your Office Edition's Certificate of Authenticity, to put back the genuine installation of Office you may have already had on the computer.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, February 12, 2010 11:13 PM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:37 AM
  • Hello Mr. Smith.  Thank you for your complete info.  I think a combination of two things have happened to me. I did get a computer from a  company as I previously stated, but I do not nor did I ever have access to the discs nor ID numbers.  I departed from that company about 5 years ago and this is the first time I have had a problem with authenticity.  Secondly, I recently took my computer to someone to have it "cleaned up". I think he said he wiped off everything and then reinstalled.  Maybe this person used an illegal software.  I don't know.  I only know that I have to use my computer everyday to work  and I want no problems. I don't have any receipts nor purchase invoices to provide in order to get the complimentary software. I just need a basic operating system. I work-at-home for a company that uses Citrix and we have Outlook within that program for in-company use only.  I would like to purchase the student edition, but it does not contain Outlook. Will I still be able to access the Outlook within the company Citrix program with the student edition? Thanks for your help. 
    Friday, February 19, 2010 2:57 AM
  • Hello 4595,

When considering an Office Home and Student purchase, you have to keep in mind that, as you noted, Office Home and Student does not include Outlook.  Also keep in mind that the Software Licensing Terms for H&S 2007 do not permit the use of the product for any revenue generating purposes.

You wrote, "Will I still be able to access the Outlook within the company Citrix program with the student edition?"  When you use Citrix to log onto a user desktop session and then open Outlook, it will have nothing to do with the Office H&S 2007 that is installed on your home computer.
    Friday, February 19, 2010 4:42 PM
  • Thank you for helping me make my decision.
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 3:47 AM
  • Hello 4595,

You're welcome :-)
    Monday, February 22, 2010 1:44 PM