how do they limit 10 users? RRS feed

• Question

• I was just wandering. Obviously WHS is max 10 users...but... how do they limit that?
    There are 10 differents kinds of people in the world those who understand binary those who dont
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:04 AM

Answers

• I think its simply the Windows Home Server console limiting the numbers of user accounts you can create here.
    So if you have 50 users all using the same account name and password, this is not ok as well (and I think covered in the EULA as not allowed), but not technically blocked,
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:33 AM
  • The 10 user limit exists in several places. Everywhere I've actually bothered to take the code apart, it's a hard limit, not controlled through a registry entry or configuration setting that can be changed.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:44 PM

All replies

• I think its simply the Windows Home Server console limiting the numbers of user accounts you can create here.
    So if you have 50 users all using the same account name and password, this is not ok as well (and I think covered in the EULA as not allowed), but not technically blocked,
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:33 AM
  • The 10 user limit exists in several places. Everywhere I've actually bothered to take the code apart, it's a hard limit, not controlled through a registry entry or configuration setting that can be changed.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:44 PM