Cannot Track Long Emails in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting the error message "The text entered exceeds maximum length" when trying to track emails in CRM.  What is the maximum length and can it be increased?  This issue comes up quite often because many times I am trying to save a long trail of email replies instead of saving each email individually.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Friday, March 13, 2009 7:05 PM

Answers

• Ben,
    This problem can often be fixed by increasing the size of the messageid attribute in the email entity.  Out of the box the maximum length is 100.  Try upping that to 250 and try tracking the email again.
    Friday, March 13, 2009 7:14 PM

All replies

• Ben,
    This problem can often be fixed by increasing the size of the messageid attribute in the email entity.  Out of the box the maximum length is 100.  Try upping that to 250 and try tracking the email again.
    Friday, March 13, 2009 7:14 PM
  • what version and have you applied any rollups or hot fixes?
    Friday, March 13, 2009 7:33 PM
  • I am currently running version 4.0.733.3.  I have not applied any rollups.  How would I go about doing that?
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:57 PM
  • Hi Matt,

I have used this to resolve errors with tracking emails through the email router.  As I am not sure what the attribute actually reflects I am concerned that inbound emails will not be imported through the router as they exceed the 250 characters.  Can you advise what the attribute is tracking and if this will ever exceed the 250 characters?

Many thanks,

Alan

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:25 AM