How to synchronize partial data (row filtering) with user defined SyncProvider RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I'm using the MSF with a user defined SyncProvider (without Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET) and I'd like to synchronize only a (dynamic) subset of rows in a table which depends on user rights.

As I already tried to find a solution for this problem but couldn't find a clear answer in threads and books, I want to ask the experts in this forum.
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 6:34 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, December 29, 2008 9:57 AM

All replies

• Curious to know why you had to build a custom provider instead of using the out of the box relational providers for synching databases?

Saturday, January 3, 2009 1:13 AM
  • Well, I want to create a custom provider for an existing persistence framework independent of the database that lies beneath.

Is it even possible to synchronize only partial data (row-filtering) with a custom provider?
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 2:36 PM
  • Yes, you can use row filters in V1 : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2e9bec3b-9deb-4620-a955-266e656d8fa4&displaylang=en

In V2 CTP1, you can also use column filters.

Let us know if you have any questions on using filters after going through the V1 or V2 documentation.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:47 PM